2015 Grouse Opener

FLDBRED

Well we finally get a chance to get out there for real, Saturday is the opener for grouse season in Pennsylvania. We will be heading to Pheasant Camp to hunt the surrounding area. While grouse might down statewide the local population seems to be holding it's own. There's a nice cold front moving in so weather should be perfect.
Who else is heading out?

Good luck on Saturday. I won't be heading out, too far to go to get to even marginal grouse areas and get back for Connor's game. I also need to pick up a tiller to prep the ground for next Friday's pollinator project. I plan to get the area ready on Sunday so I don't mess with anybody who may be hunting. I may get a chance to take one of the boys out for squirrel.

Good luck to anybody going out on Saturday.

It was a great day to be in the woods. Flushed 3 woodcock but didn't see any grouse. It felt good to get back up to camp and today served as a good warm up for next weekend and the start of the pheasant season! It was a great day and looking forward to Penn State tonight!

We hunted some great grouse cover without a single flush! Tried different types of habitat to no avail. Some of these same coverts used to produce over two dozen flushes! :confused: At least the woodcock kept it interesting. :)

It was great to get back to camp and prepare for the pheasant opener next week! :thumbsup:

Getting some flushes is always good. It's something how a single flush can put a spring in your step when you've been walking all day. Sounds like you enjoyed your time out.

How did Dugan hold up?

Back