2014 Pheasant results

2 limits on Oklahoma's opening day! Was completely surprised by the numbers we saw. We only hunted one 50 acre field and saw 30-40 birds with approximately 2/3-3/4 of them being roosters. Two of us should have been done in the first hour but with some pretty poor shooting it took us 2 hours to get our limit for the day, LOL...

picture.php

2014 Pheasant

Went out west today. 2 guys 2 dogs a Vizla and my Brit. We bagged 2 roosters. We had several pheasants pointed (mostly hens). The Vizla was impressive. My 2 year old Brittany Ziva managed to point and hold a pheasant but the 2 year old Vizla pointed several including one of the roosters. It was a nice day in the field.

2 limits on Oklahoma's opening day! Was completely surprised by the numbers we saw. We only hunted one 50 acre field and saw 30-40 birds with approximately 2/3-3/4 of them being roosters. Two of us should have been done in the first hour but with some pretty poor shooting it took us 2 hours to get our limit for the day, LOL...

picture.php

Wild pheasants from Oklahoma---very very cool! Thank you for posting.:)

Was encouraged to hear from a friend of mine who was out near Kenton, along the Colorado border in Cimarron County. Only saw and killed one rooster, but saw a dozen or so hens. This was better than last year when they only saw one pheasant total. They were hunting without a dog this year and did see and shoot more quail than last year as well (when they had a dog).

I am going around Gate in Beaver County this weekend so we'll see.

Oklahoma Pheasant 2014

I have hunted 3 days in Oklahoma in Pheasant habitat and have seen lots of hens and I have bagged 2 Roosters and a friend bagged 1. I was pleasantly surprised. I am now going to focus on quail. It's a lot better this year.

Well guys, I don't think I need to tell you hen's are a good thing:thumbsup: I'm glad to hear of the good news out there. Let's hope numbers continue to recover from their lows.:)

Drummond Flats - Pheasant

Yesterday, New Year's eve morning, I took a neighbor kid (13 yrs. old) to the flats for Pheasant, it was freezing cold. To make a long story short he got his first rooster ever. My Brittany had pointed a hen earlier, and then at 8:25am she pointed again and we flushed a rooster that he shot. I guess I was more excited for him than he was. Needless to say he is shooting 100% on Pheasants. Ha. Well, we walked a few other places on the flats but no luck. A memorable day for the both of us. Happy New Year's to all!

Great Job. I'm suprised the Flats are still producing Roosters. That kid will always remember that Rooster. Happy New Year.

Back