2012 Pheasant Season

Opening Day is fast approaching and I can't wait for the season to begin! Here in Pa with each new season the pheasant hunting gets better and better! Anyone have any special plans for this season?

The first day of pheasant season is my son's last day of flag football (he is six). I plan to be up early and hunt local so I can get back in time for his last game. I'll hunt local during the week when I can and then head out the 2nd Saturday for as long as it takes. After that, the next 3 Saturdays will be used for youth hunts and a vet hunt.

For some reason I seem to get a little sick in October and November. I don't see a doctor for it but I did self diagnose it as bird flu. Fresh air and some exercise seems to improve my health.

I hear you..sounds like you will be very busy! You guys do a great job with the youth and veteran hunts! Good Luck this year and be sure to post pictures of your hunts!

Very, very excited about the upcoming season! We have been having good seasons and from all the reports we've been receiving, this one should be outstanding.It's not to early to start putting in your vacation and personal time,and remember the PGC plans to extend the stocking season.

Brian,I seem to catch the same "bird flu" every fall. The only cure I've found is spending time in bird country, with an eager bird dog! It works every time! ;)

I've actually put bird flu as an explanation for sick leave on my time cards at work, I bet it gets a good reaction from the ladies up in the office.:cheers::D

I've actually put bird flu as an explanation for sick leave on my time cards at work, I bet it gets a good reaction from the ladies up in the office.:cheers::D[/QUOTE

LOL. Yep! That darn flu can be devastating, funny thing though...it seems to be worse on Fridays and Mondays!
;):cheers:

Just got done going over the work calander and penciling in when to take off and when my wife can pick up the boys so I can hunt after work. That's just another sign the season is nearing. After counting the days it looks like I will be out with the dogs on 24 out of the 31 days! Some hunts may only be for 30 minutes but that's better than nothing.

Well mine's "officially" been in for a while. I've got three weeks vacation and five personal days. My time for deer season keeps getting shorter, with more time devoted to bird hunting! :thumbsup:

Back