20 Gauge Versa Max

h2obil

I emailed Remington to see if there were plans to make a Versa Max in 20 gauge?

Their reply " Yes, The first half of 2014."

Has anyone heard or read anything about this?

Thanks!

The first 1,000 of them will be sent back with issues. After that they will work fine as long as you get the 3rd version when Remington has the problems corrected.

You can find many other better guns for the money. Of course my opinion, but its a fact. Lol.

Apparently you all are limited on your experience with the Versa-Max. It's no 1187 and it's no 105CTI. The gun is very reliable, maybe the most reliable of any gas auto yet but a little heavy for my liking but the 3.5" gun is primarily a waterfowl gun or their tactical version. I have thought long and hard about a Versa-Max as my next auto loader for waterfowl. Remington got it right on this gun unlike several attempts in the past. All stainless springs and gas system too, Pro Bore chokes...it's got all the bells and whistles and costs 100's less then many of the top 3.5" guns from other manufactures.

They better shed lots of weight in their 20ga attempt with many 20ga auto loaders tipping the scale between 5 and 6 pounds now.

I am interested in the reduced felt recoil. The recoil as I understand with the 12 ga versa max is like shooting a 20 ga? I'm having some tmj problems and was excited thinking the 20 ga recoil might be like a 28ga??

Thanks!

Semi auto for home defense? :eek:

Nope.

Semi auto handguns are #1 choice why not a reliable auto loading shotgun? Bonny and Clyde preferred the A5 Browning design 80 years ago as a weapon of choice along with the BAR Browning. Benelli has the M3 and M2 both in several tactical model's. Why not the Versa-Max with it's reputation for stellar reliability. I have shot the Versa Max with 3" duck and goose loads. I'm not sure it is as advertised in the recoil department. It IMO is similar as other gas auto loaders.

Back