2 bird per day limit

niceshot

I think Iowa should copy Minnesota and go to a two bird per day limit. This will not affect the long term population in any way, but would more evenly and fairly distribute the harvest between hunters. What do you guys think?

I guess given the numbers in our area I would not have a problem with that. Kind of extends the season success a little.

They can shoot 3 starting in Dec. Thats when the real hunters are still hunting any way.

They can shoot 3 starting in Dec. Thats when the real hunters are still hunting any way.

Well it is at least the best time to go for sure. I would not have a problem with that either. I would still go to the relly's and just shoot 2 in IA. My wife and I are the only ones that eat them any way. I think it is a good idea, but if they want tourist dollars that may hurt.

Well it is at least the best time to go for sure. I would not have a problem with that either. I would still go to the relly's and just shoot 2 in IA. My wife and I are the only ones that eat them any way. I think it is a good idea, but if they want tourist dollars that may hurt.

i don't think Iowa has to worry about tourist dollars, with NR license fees up and bird numbers down, few people are coming this year....i used to come, but it has been 5 years now....sad.

i don't think Iowa has to worry about tourist dollars, with NR license fees up and bird numbers down, few people are coming this year....i used to come, but it has been 5 years now....sad.
I have not had that experience. Might be related to the area you were in, but the past 5 years have been the best for the years I have been alive.

Back in the mid 70's Creston was like Huron, South Dakota is now. I remember driving down a county road before shooting hours and seeing a tree, all alone, about 30 foot tall in the road fenceline ahead, looked like it had leaves on it, about that time one pheasant flew out of it, and was followed by to many more to count, but at least 100, until the tree was bare. Hard to believe it's as bad as it is now. I don't even have the heart to go hunt there anymore.

Back