1st ks hunt.

cartae

Some friends and I planned on goin out south of hays on Dec 5th and 6th. My ? Is how bad are the deer hunters since it will be opening weekend for ks rifle season? And does anyone have any suggestions on where to go. Thanks for any advice

We have a hunting lodge in Hill City. I can tell you in this area we have quite a bit of traffic that weekend. I have a group that comes yearly on opening rifle season to deer and pheasant/Quail hunt. They only hunt our properties so they don't have any issues. As for the walk in land around our area I don't know if you would have any luck that weekend. Let me know if we can be of assistance.

Wear blaze orange!

Was around Liebenthal about a month ago. It was drier than dry...looked like the dead of winter. If they don't get some rain it's going to be tough on dogs.

Lots of deer chasing out that way. Stay out of the trees.

There will be plenty of hunters that weekend and IMO pretty hazardous hunting conditions for upland guys. :eek::eek:

Too much lead being flung indiscriminately. I know as I will be out there deer hunting myself:D

If you hunt WHIA / Public I suggest after 0900 hours in the morning and quitting a couple hours before dark. :thumbsup:

Good Luck and spend lots of money while your here!:cheers:

Now you guys did it and gave away my secret deer hunting spot, the trees. :) Everybody will be know now. :(:)

Now you guys did it and gave away my secret deer hunting spot, the trees. :) Everybody will be know now. :(:)

There are two in Western KS. You hunt one tree and let him hunt the other. :laugh:

@ cartae
There's another thread on the KS board about upland hunting during deer season. Check it out.

Back