16ga ammo on clearance at Walmart

roadscholar

Was in my local Walmart here in Texas today and stumbled on some 16ga ammo marked down. $7 a box for Federal Hi-brass 6's, 1 & 1/8 oz, 1295 fps.
Regular price was $16, which is way too much. These can be found for $14 a box at several online retailers.
I've never used these, but I'm thinking they're probably decent. For $7 bucks a box I grabbed the 3 boxes they had. I suppose that other Walmarts out there may have them marked down too, so I thought I'd post a heads-up.

View attachment 9322

Yep, buy them all at $7.00; and a cleaning kit! They shoot good but Federal seems to use dirty powder so gun needs to be cleaned more often.

They are a very good shell. I've shot a lot of them. $7 is a steal. Never seen them in my Walmart here in South Dakota.

Over on the 16 ga forum someone posted a link for a site called brickseek, and it allows you to check the inventory of an item at various walmarts, if you have the SKU or UPC code.

Here's the link-
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/

The UPC code for the 16 ga hi-brass Federals is 029465004521

This allowed me to locate a couple of more stores close to me that had them, and now I've grabbed 13 boxes. The last 4 boxes, that I got today, were $4.50 each.
Dakotazeb, I checked up your way and it's showing the Walmart in Watertown to have 9 boxes for $7 apiece, in case you want to grab some.

And that's not even the best part. One of the stores was showing 7 boxes of the Federal Top Gun 28 ga target loads, 3/4 oz of 8s. Marked down to $4.50 from $6.97 so I went to get them, and when I checked out they were $1.50 apiece! :D

View attachment 9326

That's pretty cool. Any way to tell what size shot they are?

If you have the SKU or UPC code and put it in, it's gonna pull up that exact item. So this UPC code- 029465004521 is for the Federal Hi-brass 1 & 1/8 oz 6's.
That's what they have at the Watertown store (Huron and Aberdeen too)

Federal makes that same load in 4's and 7.5's, but those would have their own UPC code.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that you can search for something, you gotta have the code first.
(I had a couple of boxes of the 28 ga shells already, so I just looked at the UPC code on the bottom)

Can you share the SkU for the 28 ga shells? Thanks.

I don't know the SKU, but the UPC code is 60454464655.
That's for 3/4 oz of 8's, at 1330 fps.

They make that same shell in 7.5's and 9's but I don't know the UPC code, and I don't think Walmart has them. I've only seen the 8's there.

Back