16 ga

dbc32

i have a old stevens 16 ga double barrel i love the gun but shells are getting harder and costly to find i was wondering if anybody has tried those tubes that changes the gauge shell that you can shoot thanks

About all I've shot the last two years is a 16 ga. Shells are readily available. I've been using Federal Game-Shok 1 1/8 oz loads and done very well. Fiocchi make a Golden Pheasant also that is very good. I buy the Federal's for less than $10 per box.

You have a great gauge there, why change. It's better than a 20 ga.

yes like the gauge and the way the gun shoots was wondering if any one had tried those tubes

Actually, the 16 gauge is making a comeback. Maybe not in Ga, but up North there are ample space on the shelf for the 16. If you buy shells by the case you should be able to get your local supplier to order them for you.

Yes I have both Gaugemates 16ga to 20ga and Chambermates 16ga to 28ga

The 16ga to 20ga Gaugemates have a spilt down the insert and make a crack in the hulls and I can not reload the hull then. When you shoot them you must remove the shell and the insert, remove the shell from the insert and then reload. A little slow. If they didn't ruin the hull I would use them more.

The Chambermates act just like chambers and stay in the gun.

I like them both and use them to hunt also.

I have a 16 gauge Remington 870 Wingmaster and love it. Ammo is fairly easy to find, even the local Walmart carries it most of the time, though only in a few shot sizes.

I'd stick with the 16.

Back