12/19/20

FLDBRED

Hunted SGL'S in the South East, VERY tough going ! Most of the areas looked like ghost towns with very little sign. Finally at the last area we came across some sign. This was in some real thick nasty cover . Chip did his thing, a well earned bird on his part, he hunted hard all day.102_0336.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks and Chip says the same ! Birds seem harder to come by this year.

... looking to finish the year looking at different terrain....any ideas on sgl108 or sgl333 ?
I'd be close to a 3 hour drive from here

I know all too well about 3 hour rides ! lol We hunted 333 a couple of years ago when Chip was just a pup and I really liked the cover there. I wouldn't doubt that there are hold over birds there and some possible reproduction, although I can't confirm that . I haven't hunted 108 "yet".

Keep in mind what looked like great habitat in October might look totally different now, especially after the snow, the released birds are no longer in those grass fields. We try and hunt the areas that we know have thick blackberry, multiflora , cattails, etc., spots you wouldn't think of hunting in Oct. +Nov. . It's a different ballgame now.

Last edited:
Thanks.,...it just looked good based on GC data ( stocking numbers/# of GL's in the county)... Jack and I killing time today... cuz that's all there is...

Attachments

• IMG_20201221_140118037_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201221_140118037_HDR.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 4
Back