11-16-2012 Solo Hunt

nstric

Had an hour this morning . . . just me and Gunner.

232323232%7Ffp%3B87%3Enu%3D3242%3E%3B63%3E9%3B6%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3A27%3A%3C534338nu0mrj

Congrats!

Hello Nate,

A great photo and some very nice roosters! Great work considering you and Gunner only had one hour! I must admit he looks like he had more left in the tank!:)

Your birds look to be early hatch this year. Is that correct? I have been feasting off of this year's hatch--only three old boys, until yesterday's hunt.

You noticed that tail feather up beyond my face? He also had an entire crop full of grasshoppers. I would have thought they were all gone at this point but there must be some warmer water areas in that deep creek. I do not believe I could have fit another in his crop!:p

Those birds held well to the point when cornered. Guessing they survived the first few weeks doing just that. Keep those great pictures coming--you have more artistic expression than I.:) Great job!

Beautiful. Just beautiful. Nice birds!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks all. I like how this pic turned out.

I must admit he looks like he had more left in the tank!:)

Your birds look to be early hatch this year. Is that correct?

He also had an entire crop full of grasshoppers. I would have thought they were all gone at this point but there must be some warmer water areas in that deep creek.
Oh, you're right. He had plenty more to go, as did I, but I needed to get home and . . . wait for it . . . hang Christmas lights on the exterior of my house. A DREDDED experience for me personally, but it's done . . . or nearly done!

And yes, both roosters were this year's hatch. They made Gunner and I work though, in that they ran. It wasn't until Gunner pinned them that they held. The first really close, but the second was on the fringe of what I consider acceptable range to pull the trigger.

My buddy and I have noticed the grasshoppers too. We've marveled at how they've made it through so many frosts down here. Haven't seen them in any crops though.

Back