Saying Goodbye

Miforester

118.jpg
Had to say goodbye to my princess. She started out as a graduation gift for my wife for receiving her bachelor's. Ellie was a great waterfowl and upland dog. She learned to point from hunting with my britt and also knew what the point beep meant, she would run and flush the pointed bird, much to my chagrin. She will be sorley missed. Rest in peace Ms Ellie!

Thanks all for your kind words. It hasn't gotten any easier to say goodbye to our hunting buddies. This pic was one of many of our waterfowl adventures.
1212.jpg

-i measure my life by the dogs i've had
- i am suspicious of people who don't like dogs , but i trust a dog when it doesn't like a person-- bill murray
-owing a dog is joyful count down to a heart break
-if you need dogs in heaven to be happy, there will be dogs in heaven
-you can never have your best dog again
-until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened Anatole Frances--
- if there are no dogs in heaven then there is no heaven
-the price of a good gun dog is a broken heart in the end-Richard Kipling
-Be the man your dog thinks you are
-no loves you like your dog does
-one of the cruel injustices of life is that we outlive our dogs
-i miss all of my dogs more than most of the people i have met
-no ones gives so much and get so little in return as your dog
-also -Revelations 5:13

some sayings i kept over the years
forgot who to attribute some of them to

my sympathies

Thanks all for your kind words. It hasn't gotten any easier to say goodbye to our hunting buddies.

Tom, I certainly feel your pain. What I've found out is that the older I get the tougher it is to say goodbye to my four legged friends. Time will heal but the memories will last forever.

Tom, I certainly feel your pain. What I've found out is that the older I get the tougher it is to say goodbye to my four legged friends. Time will heal but the memories will last forever.
That is so true George!

Our four legged BFF's burrow deep in our souls. Enjoy the mini memories you have with your Miss Ellie. Sorry for your loss!

I’m so sorry for your loss, losing a dog is like losing a family member.
I thought it was funny that she would see your Brit point and go charging over to flush. I’ve had some Welsh Spring Spaniels that do the same thing, they watch my GSP’s and when they point here comes the Welshie brigade! And people say that dogs aren’t smart?
Sorry again for your loss.

Back