Montana

Project Upland and Pheasant's Forever Have been touting Lewistown as the best bird hunting in the US.
These publications reach a lot of people. This, along with Montana's licensing, would help explain your crowds.

Few years back, one of the big sporting magazines (sports afield or similar) touted Rifle, Colorado as THE place for the outdoorsman.
Rifle got descended upon like a swarm of locusts. Lewistown is the new Rifle.

The internet and information spread is to blame. Lots of rich guys where travel time and time off work is not an issue. I listen to a lot of podcasts and every one they're always talking about heading out to Montana for "sharpies."

Project Upland and Pheasant's Forever Have been touting Lewistown as the best bird hunting in the US.
These publications reach a lot of people. This, along with Montana's licensing, would help explain your crowds.

Few years back, one of the big sporting magazines (sports afield or similar) touted Rifle, Colorado as THE place for the outdoorsman.
Rifle got descended upon like a swarm of locusts. Lewistown is the new Rifle.
Those Foo Foo hunting ranches are popping up in the Lewistown area.The ones that charge 3 grand to hunt.Some guy from California opened a place that sells pot, and pheasant hunting near Lewistown.

The internet and information spread is to blame. Lots of rich guys where travel time and time off work is not an issue. I listen to a lot of podcasts and every one they're always talking about heading out to Montana for "sharpies."
Yeah, I saw a lot of out of state grouse hunters in sept.

The rancher we hunt on up there said there are bird hunters, then there are pheasant hunters. Most of my life I've never made the distinction. But in western states it starts to make sense

Back