Lets See Your Dogs..post some pic's

NEW, USED DOG, field bred ESS, Maggie, 7 years old, never trained--or sent to trainer who didn't do any. A sweetheart, and while she'll never fill Mick's place in my heart, maybe I can take my time and encourage her to do things like fetch, and find. I've got a near-by game farm which is going to stick the next dead bird in the pen in a sack and freeze it for me to do some advanced-stage retrieving work. Right now, she's chasing a ball, then plastic bottle, then a pheasant wing--all for short periods of time. She seems smart enough, but not used to running free and staying close. No issues yet, but seems odd for an older dog.

We got time. I'm still trying to get my legs back after last year. Wish us luck.

Attachments

• 000_0007.JPG
    000_0007.JPG
    1,021 KB · Views: 8
  • 000_0020.JPG
    000_0020.JPG
    997.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 000_0021.JPG
    000_0021.JPG
    305.5 KB · Views: 8
Who knows which breed this is? I know a small munsterlander when I see one

This is Deke
deke4.jpg

He was born August 23, 2006, this picture was taken last winter, so he must have been around 6 months old.

Just checking to see how rare this breed really is.

NEW, USED DOG, field bred ESS, Maggie, 7 years old, never trained--or sent to trainer who didn't do any. A sweetheart, and while she'll never fill Mick's place in my heart, maybe I can take my time and encourage her to do things like fetch, and find. I've got a near-by game farm which is going to stick the next dead bird in the pen in a sack and freeze it for me to do some advanced-stage retrieving work. Right now, she's chasing a ball, then plastic bottle, then a pheasant wing--all for short periods of time. She seems smart enough, but not used to running free and staying close. No issues yet, but seems odd for an older dog.

We got time. I'm still trying to get my legs back after last year. Wish us luck.
How'd I miss this?!?! Congratulations!! Isn't puppy, but treat her like puppy! ;)

We have no heartworm, ticks, briars, poison ivy, fire ants, chiggers, gators, or snakes in interior Alaska.
We do have skeeters....
Mosquitoes.jpg

I hear people around here say if there is a cold winter it will kill some of those skeeters. Then I went up to the boundry waters fishing, didn't take me long to realize that was B.S.! Looks like you got a strip of bacon on your hat.:)

How'd I miss this?!?! Congratulations!! Isn't puppy, but treat her like puppy! ;)
Thanks, Bud... been waiting for this to maybe happen for quite a while. I'm pleased, and like that liver and white happy disposition bouncing around. Seven years old is not a puppy, but she mostly wants to please, although I sometimes get a look from her that's like a chicken listening to a philosophy lecture. She's working on being with a human 24/7 and likes it for the most part, but is having some issues with ranging out for an investigation and forgetting to return promptly and saluting me. :)

She bleeds good--bloody tongue is just a joy to work on. Try holding an ice cube on a dog's tongue without the dog trying to reach a phone to call the Humane Society.

We got time, I hope.100_0028.JPG000_0026.JPG000_0029.JPG000_0011.JPG

Thanks, Bud... been waiting for this to maybe happen for quite a while. I'm pleased, and like that liver and white happy disposition bouncing around. Seven years old is not a puppy, but she mostly wants to please, although I sometimes get a look from her that's like a chicken listening to a philosophy lecture. She's working on being with a human 24/7 and likes it for the most part, but is having some issues with ranging out for an investigation and forgetting to return promptly and saluting me. :)

She bleeds good--bloody tongue is just a joy to work on. Try holding an ice cube on a dog's tongue without the dog trying to reach a phone to call the Humane Society.

We got time, I hope.
Well put, Kismet. Well put. So glad you found a new friend. Having never seen a chicken at a lecture of any sort, I'll assume a philosophy lecture causes one to perk its ears & cock its head.

8 months yesterday. Heading to training camp tomorrow for 5 weeks.

Attachments

• ED1D8EDB-7315-433A-A4BE-D0EA18DE7D22.jpeg
    ED1D8EDB-7315-433A-A4BE-D0EA18DE7D22.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Back