A Little Bling

FCSpringer

Had a good 2019 year with one of the pups. Then the covid year hit. So guess I will share some now LOL. Blue River Bocephus. National high point pup, weighted national high point pup, and Midwest high point pup. 65 points, which is more pup points then any dog in the history of AKC field trials. With several events left to run, we left the door open for someone else to top some day. But for now, the record will stand.(y) It was a fun stretch. Bo.jpg

I'm trying to imagine the amount of time, travel, labor, and expense it took to earn the awards.

Congratulations, my take on this is that you worked your butt off campaigning him.

I'm trying to imagine the amount of time, travel, labor, and expense it took to earn the awards.

Congratulations, my take on this is that you worked your butt off campaigning him.
I did. For the year. And the funny thing is he does not belong to me LOL. It was a new guy. A pup I picked out for him. After this he disappeared never to call or return training. Reasons unknown. It was very odd to say the least. And has done nothing since. Sad part of the story. But life goes on. I have some young blood I kept that I am training up again. That year the kennel received 4 of the 11 high point awards at nationals. A couple out west won wst interclub high point amateur all age as well. 2 years in a row in fact. The mutts have been doing well. I took a break for a couple years judging etc. And running any of my own dogs. Sort of tossed my sucker in the dirt after losing 2 field champions bang bang, then my new ringer getting a mean seed in his lung. Kinda takes the wind out of your sails LOL. But I have been training, gunning etc. Training partner this year has 20 plus all age points, and I believe midwest amateur high point locked up. Happy for him. Our group has done pretty well. (y) I hope to have one of the newbs running in a year or two.

Back