Waiting is . . .

BritChaser

When it comes to the approaching upland seasons, waiting is a pain in the derriere. I've already installed the chokes through which I will shoot steel in ND come Oct. 9. I've got a motel room in Ashley. I've got a vehicle service appointment in Grand Island in route to ND. I've got some good tokillya in the cooler. Maybe I should iron my field pants. That would take awhile. Or polish the brass on my shells. <big sigh>

Last edited:
When it comes to the approaching upland seasons, waiting is a pain in the derriere. I've already installed the chokes through which I will shoot steel in ND come Oct. 9. I've got a motel room in Ashley. I've got a vehicle service appointment in Grand Island in route to ND. I've got some good tokillya in the cooler. Maybe I should iron my field pants. That would take awhile. Or polish the brass on my shells. <big sigh>
I hear ya! The last 2 wks I've been sorting thru gear I've used and needed and things I don't.

Do the primeval pheasant dance.

I'm pretty sure they don't work at all, but why not get a rooster call and practice variations to lure the wild birds to you?

Try "seductive" and pleasepleaseplease put it on Youtube.

Relax, it will happen and you will do well.

Hopefully you Hava a 72 ford f100 4x4.

I went and shot some sporting clays today to pass some time and get the mind off upcoming pheasant hunting season. It sure didn’t work as think I made anticipation worse. Regardless was great morning and always love the smell of some gunpowder in the air.

I hear ya Britt man!! I got the shakes pretty bad. We spent 3 days in ND chasing sharps and the dogs put up prolly 50, 60 pheasant. October can’t come fast enough!

I usually roll up with a trio of Jersey boys in track suits. They say, "Nice fahm ya got here. Be a shame if anything happened to it. Why don't you let our friend take his dog and gun out there and make sure everything is safe."

That's the most effective way to get permission, but a bit more costly than PBR and a busted up beater truck.

I usually roll up with a trio of Jersey boys in track suits. They say, "Nice fahm ya got here. Be a shame if anything happened to it. Why don't you let our friend take his dog and gun out there and make sure everything is safe."

That's the most effective way to get permission, but a bit more costly than PBR and a busted up beater truck.
You mean make an offer they can't refuse?,lol. Actually, the old Ford usually works on these guys.The PBR is also a nice gift.

Back