Letterkenny BQFA

Hey y'all,
With the recent new hope found in the bobwhite restoration in Franklin Co, I was wondering how far the compound is from the site where pheasants are present in the Franklin WPRA. I have read that the population trend in the Franklin WPRA is very promising, but they are somewhat confined to a very small handful of farms just south of Mercersburg. Just wondering if there is any possibility of move in pheasants into Letterkenny. Its a very interesting project and I think it could have some great success as it is a large tract of land with a soon to be very high percentage of habitat. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Not sure about any connecting cover in that area . I will say that pheasants are pretty resilient in their ability to travel and establish or reestablish territories . Case in point being wild pheasants along the NJ Turnpike . These birds are always traveling some impressive distances to find suitable habitat .

Not sure about any connecting cover in that area . I will say that pheasants are pretty resilient in their ability to travel and establish or reestablish territories . Case in point being wild pheasants along the NJ Turnpike . These birds are always traveling some impressive distances to find suitable habitat .
A man can dream right? From what I have read, mostly all of what they are planting at LEAD is little bluestem. I do not have much experience with it, but is it a viable pheasant cover? I’m sure it’s good nesting, as all NWSG bunch grasses are, but is it a good all around cover such as Indian and switch?

It has it's benefits when added to a mix , but offers zero winter cover when it stands alone , far far short of switch .
Never give up on your dreams, there are farms right now through out Pa. that have wild pheasant populations despite being told it wasn't going to happen.

It has it's benefits when added to a mix , but offers zero winter cover when it stands alone , far far short of switch .
Never give up on your dreams, there are farms right now through out Pa. that have wild pheasant populations despite being told it wasn't going to happen.
Luckily I know exactly where one is, and it’s in my ownership.

Back