EVs for hunting?

I wonder what the range is when it gets pretty cold.

From Tesla:

"Conserve Energy on the Road
In the winter time, reduce energy loss by driving conservatively and limiting energy use in the cabin. This helps with range and efficiency all year-round, but even more so during colder months.

• Drive at moderate speeds.
  • Limit frequent and rapid acceleration and deceleration. Consider using Chill Mode.
  • If possible, lower the cabin temperature setting and use seat heaters for added warmth."
Also: https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/21...W2QjSa9PsJ2jZMVwYoOmM89D6MWTXoG-mTWjERoxX3CfY

"The major findings: On average, electric vehicles lost 18.5% of their official driving range as determined by the European WLTP cycle. Electric vehicles also charge more slowly in cold temperatures."

Little over defensive aren’t you -I was just asking what the specs would be in real world use.
No I’ve never ridden in or drove a Tesla-really have no idea what difference that makes.
‘If you think it’s going to fit your needs-go for it. And I wish you the best-
By the way what is a “fan boy”
Apologies, not my intent

And that are the company SPECS—
‘Any issue on what it is loaded to the max for hunting
Or—what effect very cold weather has on there specs
Ect.
just asking
Just like any vehicle that is heavily loaded whether gas or electric it will decrease its range. I live in a temperate climate so cold weather performance is of little concern. I know for most on this forum cold weather is a consideration but not in my case.

Just like any vehicle that is heavily loaded whether gas or electric it will decrease its range. I live in a temperate climate so cold weather performance is of little concern. I know for most on this forum cold weather is a consideration but not in my case.
One of the things I like best about my diesel 3/4 ton is that I can load it heavily without making much of a dent in fuel economy - which is excellent, for its capabilities. I also like the fact that it does not look like a Batmobile, but that would be a matter of individual taste.

I think many here (self included) will be interested in your field reports, once you have an opportunity to gain some real world experience - good, bad, or in between. E.g., where do you hunt and do they have charging stations there, or do you have to make the round trip on one "fill up" of electricity.

I have a cousin whose kid is working on a way to tax Tesla's! Yes you see they don't pay the fuel taxes everyone else pays when you fill up at the pump. That is how we pay for roads and maintenance on roads. If we move to all electric vehicles then they will find a way to tax those vehicles while they are on the road. Makes you wonder how much of a tax you will pay and how much more expensive it will be to drive an electric vehicle. Not sure it is worth the extra price tag.

I have a cousin whose kid is working on a way to tax Tesla's! Yes you see they don't pay the fuel taxes everyone else pays when you fill up at the pump. That is how we pay for roads and maintenance on roads. If we move to all electric vehicles then they will find a way to tax those vehicles while they are on the road. Makes you wonder how much of a tax you will pay and how much more expensive it will be to drive an electric vehicle. Not sure it is worth the extra price tag.

I am not a tax code nerd -- but....I'm thinking that you are supposed to self report mileage driven and pay tax on miles driven possibly? I'm probably wrong - but was thinking there was something in the tax code that addressed that in regards to making your own bio fuels etc -- Something I think I've read.

Either way you are correct - I think everyone that is singing the praises of EV's which they have their place are forgetting that fuel taxes are primarily responsible for the road/bridge upkeep -- that money has to come from somewhere.

I'm sure every state will work that tax in either at the charging stations, but not sure how that would work when charging at home. I dont think the self reporting would be that effective. Michigan we have to self report to our on line purchases so the state can capture sales/use tax. Of course I report everything but I'm sure one of the few......😳 Will be interesting to see how these EV's perform on the truck scale and how far the movement will advance under the new administration. I would rather see better efficiency with the bio fuel rather than EV's.

I am very confident in my governments ability to find multiple revenue streams to replace lost gas tax revenue. It’s the old dangle a carrot before they hit you with a stick trick.

Back