Stocking Dates Changed?

Harp

Anybody else notice that PGC mysteriously changed the dates of the Late Season stocking from Dec. 16-18 to Dec. 22-23? Kinda sucks if you had a plan to hunt this weekend.

I didn't realize they were changed . When I looked for the Late Season date it said Dec. 22-23 , but that was recently . Thanks for the Post !

Changed within last week. Have you seen that happen before, FLDBRED?
I've seen the stocking "days" altered because of weather, but this is different being that's it's a whole week .I'll ask around, I think Brian might be right.

Hey TroutBum, thanks but wow, I can't believe it was a whole month ago unless my browser was showing me an old version of the page.
Merry Christmas everyone!

With that said.... I don't chase the truck. I usually get out there on the weekends and I hunt to the bitter end of the season.

I accidently got out on a stocking day and that was a poop show.... hated every second of it, thought I was gonna die.

... speaking of stocking...chart/GC release shows Warren county getting approx 500 for 6 areas.....Mercer getting approx 1100 for their 6 areas.... my question...are Mercer areas that much larger the reason?
Other reasons?

...14 trucks parked at the "beanfields" in Warren county yesterday... pellets in the air...a result of the GC decision to stock only larger sgl and stop the small stockings of a wider variety of spots...at a second, much larger sgl 12 trucks...

Dog worked great, GoPro captured some good video, and my little, beat up Zabala sxs was a killing machine... one shot, drop...

That rain ain't going anywhere soon, birds will be drenched today, and then that freeze on Friday? ( which is non hunting day...Xmass) and afraid Saturday gonna be " phrozen pheasant" day...

Trout, PA GC " online table" says they should have stocked 100 roosters and 40 hens Dec 22-23
On two GL:s ( forgot the numbers) in Cumberland

Warren county was stocked the 23rd and that included ( don't remember numbers, just local names) The beanfields, Spetz hill/ Blue eye, Akeley swamp, and The woodchuck farm..... I also hunted SGL 282 and on the 23rd it was stocked last (2:00 pm)...... this all from hunting two spots and the grapevine.

Weather: Wednesday was drier than predicted, 43 and not much wind.... Beanfields at 10am had one truck and me, at noon there were 14 trucks....
SGL 282 had 12 trucks....( Poured rain overnight)
Thursday was raining lightly and you would have thought they DIDN'T stock, few fresh tracks, no flushes, and few shots heard....
Ran into a couple hunting Warren county because they didn't stock Crawford county late season...
With the rain and now the freeze, don't imagine tomorrow, Saturday, will produce much..... dead frozen birds, or ones too stiff to get up
Merry Christmas bird doggers!

Took the dogs and gun for a walk today. Saw 1 rooster on the drive to the fields and 2 on the way home. Saw 0 while hunting. It was a nice morning.

Back