Miles City Area

Pdub

Looking for some guidance on public and crp land to hunt wild pheasants in the Miles City area. There’s so much open land and not sure where to start. Any guidance on how to select a location outside of studying google earth imagery would be greatly appreciated. I don’t have the luxury of time and testing a few spots since I’m traveling through on vacation. Appreciate any tips.

Hi I don’t have much experience there. But I have heard of success this year we of miles city, block mgt lands pf helped purchase on tongue river . Hunt the riparian areas or any state or block mgt. areas bordering the Yellowstone River. Good luck

For my first trip to Montana earlier this fall, I downloaded Onyx maps and I feel it saved the trip. Bma maps and upland ground is highlighted and you can look over the cover by zooming in to see what kind of cover is in the area. Plus it makes the boundaries easy to follow so you don’t cross over to ground you may not have permission on. Good luck!

I have a place there but I spend more time just north of you Mike. Hoping to switch locations within two years. I've hunted western Montana but nothing wild yet. Trying to find a place to hunt wild birds in eastern Montana on my way back to the midwest. The options are vast and I will only have a day as I'm making my trek back home. I have onX and Montana properties loaded on my Alpha, and regularly use satellite maps so no issue there but just so much land :)

the Plevna area used to be awesome for sharpies Huns and pheasants, hail storm in 16 drought in 17 about wiped all the birds out.

I’m thinking about an area in eastern mt or North Dakota in mid October. How crowded will it be and is there plenty Of public land.

I just got back from that area, we had more luck north of there, but we found birds East of there too. We had a great hunt in eastern Montana

Back