Wild Captive Breeding

FLDBRED

Hey Guys,
I think we can all agree that wild birds have a much better chance of surfing and starting a wild population. Has anyone tried this ? I have 30 acres in Pa. where I could build an enclosure . The first problem is that this property is 3 1/2 hours away . So my question is how often would I need to visit this property to feed and water the birds?

Last edited:
Hey Guys,
I think we can all agree that wild birds have a much better chance of surfing and starting a wild population. Has anyone tried this ? I have 30 acres in Pa. where I could build an enclosure . The first problem is that this property is 3 1/2 hours away . So my question is how often would I need to visit this property to feed and water the birds?
This is a great idea and I’ve thought about it myself at our place. Build a 1 acre pen and keep 3 or 4 breeding pairs in it and let them hatch out their own. Sounds like a great idea if you can get it to work out.

Was just up to the farm for the last time before I ship of to URI for college. I moved the 3 quail I had left into the old pheasant pen. At my house I had them in a small pen on wire, didn’t lay much this spring. Kinda disappointing, but no sooner than a week in the new pen on the ground, I noticed a clutch of eggs. Unfortunately it may be too late to have a successful brood, but I thought it posed a great idea. If u leave them alone in the spring, they might hatch out their own young! Will keep y’all posted

Back