Bird Camp

View attachment 9454

Bird Camp ~ A most special place, seemingly frozen in time. Tired dogs lay sleeping by the wood fire, their legs twitching as if still working birds to the gun. The banter amongst friends recall the highlights o' classic shots made o'er brilliant dog work and the wonder o' the autumn fields we shared on this fine day. The ringing sound o' glasses filled with a fine whiskey and lifted in good cheer assure that stories told and retold will be told yet again. Birds taken are yet to be prepared as a feast for those so blessed to share another season. I reflect on hunts long past, grand times had, fine dogs and beloved gunning Mates now long gone and so deeply missed, treasured days to be certain. Our days spent here are so much more than the pursuit o' game birds with gun and dog, our days in bird camp are where lasting memories are made.

Slainte,
Irishwhistler ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Camping with old friends, is always fun.We spend 10 days every year, in an old cascade camper.9 ft.1973.2 guys, 2 labs, 6 shotguns, PBR, CIGARS, jack daniels black, 3 dog night on the getto blaster, lots of good steak, turkey calls, duck decoys.Its a great time.

Camping with old friends, is always fun.We spend 10 days every year, in an old cascade camper.9 ft.1973.2 guys, 2 labs, 6 shotguns, PBR, CIGARS, jack daniels black, 3 dog night on the getto blaster, lots of good steak, turkey calls, duck decoys.Its a great time.

Goosemaster,

Good on ye for the making of ye own memories Mate. 👍

Cheers,
Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Goosemaster,

Good on ye for the making of ye own memories Mate. ��

Cheers,
Mike ☘️��������

Thanks, I miss that old camper, and my hunting buddy who lost a battle with cancer in his mid fifties. We always hunted deep in December, in the snow, and frozen cat tails. We rarely saw another hunter. Walking on frozen water, deep snow, below zero temps, wind.Roosters would bust out from beneath the snow, and scare the beck out of us.It was always a great time.

Thanks, I miss that old camper, and my hunting buddy who lost a battle with cancer in his mid fifties. We always hunted deep in December, in the snow, and frozen cat tails. We rarely saw another hunter. Walking on frozen water, deep snow, below zero temps, wind.Roosters would bust out from beneath the snow, and scare the beck out of us.It was always a great time.

Sorry for ye loss Mate. Never easy.

Mike ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸

Sorry for ye loss Mate. Never easy.

Mike ☘️��������
Thanks.It was a hard thing to watch, and he had this great black lab that was only 7, and went to his sister. I would have taken that awesome dog, but they were a strange family. One time we were camping on the muscleshell, and a mountain lion ran by our camp.That was really cool!!

Back