Golden Retriever Pup

Ive trained with both the sire and dam, they are really nice talented dogs.

Two Males remain available!

Golden Retriever Puppies with Hunt Test/Field Trial Potential!

Topbrass One More Trip to Birdland MH ** (UH Trifecta's Shag-edelic CD MH CCA WCX *** VCX OS x Goldbriar's Hats Of To Tilley ** OD ) x Thistlerock’s Favorite Things SH (FC Thistlerock’s Red Ike MH QA2 WCX x Thistlerocks Storm Warning Maurene MH QAA WCX)

We anticipate this breeding to produce healthy, structurally sound, dynamic dogs suitable for hunt tests/field trials and hunting as well as being spectacular family friendly companions in the home. Both Maynard and Ria have been exclusively amateur trained and not only have had success in the AKC hunt test venue, but also have seasons of wild bird hunting in the Dakotas as well. They are both eager and dynamic in the field. They are quite “watery” and biddable, yet have plenty of drive and determination to put up a good hunt, a day in the field and dig out those birds in the hard to get places.

They also have the “off switch” that makes them wonderful companions in our home. As eager as they are to retrieve, they are equally as happy to lie beside you on the couch and snuggle. Ria is a certified therapy dog and has a regular schedule of rounds at the St. Cloud Hospital as part of the Animal Assisted Therapy Program there.

Not only are Maynard and Ria wonderful dogs in their own right, their pedigrees are phenomenal! In the three-generation pedigree of this breeding there are only four dogs that are not at least Master Hunter, Qualified All-Age or Outstanding Dam or Outstanding Sire! Ria’s sire, Thistle Rock’s Red Ike MH just finished his Field Champion title in December of 2017 with a win at the Talokas field trial handled by Steve Yozamp.

Five-generation pedigree on K9DATA.COM - http://www.k9data.com/fivegen.asp?ID=706777

Sire: Topbrass One More Trip to Birdland MH** aka “Maynard”
Hip clearance: OFA GR-107213G25M-VPI
Eye clearance: OFA GR-EYE235/85M-PI
Heart clearance: OFA GR-CA23002/25M/C-VPI
Elbow clearance: OFA GR-EL27882M25-VPI
Thyroid clearance: OFA GR-TH2341/25M-VPI
prcd-PRA status: Clear (Optigen 12-10462) OFA GR-PRA426/26M-VPI
Ichthyosis status: Clear (Optigen 12-10462) OFA GR-ICH292/26M-VPI

Dam: Thistlerock’s Favorite Things SH aka “Ria”
Hip clearance: OFA GR-118137G25F-VPI
Eye clearance: OFA GR-EYE11293/24F-VPI
Heart clearance: OFA GR-CA31341/25F/C-VPI
Elbow clearance: OFA GR-EL37982F25-VPI
Thyroid clearance: OFA GR-TH3214/25F-PI
prcd-PRA status: Optigen Clear by parentage
PRA1 status: Optigen Clear by parentage
Ichthyosis status: Optigen 14-11379 Clear

This litter will be Ichthyosis clear, PRCD clear, whelped and reared in our home, receive the very best post-natal care, early neurological stimulation, socialization, exposure to birds, veterinary visits, initial puppy vaccinations, have dewclaws removed, wormed, eye exams and micro-chipped. We offer a 26-month health warranty covering hips, eyes, elbows, thyroid and cardiac function.

Puppies are expected to whelp around January 23rd and will be ready to go to homes at 7 weeks of age around March 15th.

$300 deposits now being accepted. Reach out to us soon to secure a pup from this litter as we don't anticipate this litter not being sold out very soon.

For more information contact Gordie Schlichting at 320-248-8532 or via email at hohumsretrievers@aol.com.

You should also contact Goldenboy on this site. Joel
Thistle Rock Golden’s. Lynn Lane
Thunder Struck Golden’s. Benita Otterness

I purchased a pup from Goldenboy in August of 17. Joel bred his female Roxie to the male mentioned above Maynard. I have a very beautiful well proportioned female pup that is now 7 months old. She was gun broke, retrieving to hand, returning to the whistle and finding her own birds by 4 months. She actually made the trip with me South Dakota in the beginning of November. Although she did not have any of her own flushes she did show birdiness when we came upon an area where birds had recently been. She did make numerous retrieves of pigeons around the farm where we hunt during some down time.
Since that time she has had over 50 birds shot over her, with 20 plus just being her own birds with no other dogs in the field. She works well with my older Goldens, and has even showed them up on a recent cripple that they missed. She has a retrieve of in excess of 100 yards, that totally blew away my hunting partner that is also training a young well bred lab of 10 months.
I do not know where Joel is at with his next breeding but his dogs seem to be well bred and worth waiting for. Maynard's accomplishments speak for themselves. Any questions just ask.

If you are diligent about researching Golden Retriever hunting stock, you'll find "Top Brass" hunting stock is among the best in the country. I don't think you can go wrong with one of these dogs, either from Joel or other breeders.

Last edited:
Just so you guys know, I bred Roxy to Maynard again this past weekend. I have six buyers on the list right now but I might have 8 to 10 pups so we might have room for a few more potential owners. These pups will be born around the 1st of April and ready to go home the middle of May. Thanks for the nice comments guys I try to produce great hunting dogs, wonderful pets, and companions for the family.

All of us that have Golden's will be cheering for you and your new pup - keep us informed, won't you?

Thanks!

Omsrud, may I ask who is the sire/dam of your upcoming pup?

Did Omsrud ever reply to this request? Would assume his dog will be selected from the litter you initially wrote about...
Thistle Rock and Top Brass dogs.

Not yet. It isn’t the Maynard/Ria litter. I think it’s a thistle rock Newt litter. Newt is a great dog. Handsome and talented

My buddy Newt! That big red dog is one of my favorites as he has a great off switch. His only fault is his name, it’s way to easy to call him Neuter.

Pup is coming along well. In a nod to his pop and my now departed old Golden, his name is Knute (Ca-newt). He's settled in at home well and is coming along nicely in his obedience and early field work. He spent a couple of weeks in August at Tom Dokken's learning about guns and birds and will go back in winter. I've always trained my own dogs, but I have much less time than before and this fellow shows too much potential to be left to my devices.

Back