NJ is here

outdoorslife89

Ive been on this site for a few months and never looked in the Regional Forums...

So hello my fellow NJ bird hunters! You have probably have seen me on the other sites and vice versa, haha. We got Remi back in January and decided we are going to try and hunt her as she deserves it! No real pedigree or known family history but so far the basic obedience is going great!! Yea, there are some ups and downs but that's to be expected. She did get introduced to quail a few weeks ago and loved it. We are having a ton of fun and not trying to rush things as our main focus right now is still basic obedience, building confidence and socialization. It is a roller coaster ride Ive learned(in short time and a big part is having a 2 year old at home too) but I wouldn't change it for the world!

Well, I look forward to having more discussions/hunt threads here hopefully as this seems to be a nice forum...

Take care guys n girls!

FYI...ticks have been out in full force already which Im sure most of you are aware of! But just incase...

Remi doesn't need a fancy pedigree to be a good hunter and great companion.Some of my fondest memories are those of hunting behind dogs of unknown ancestry! Looks like your well on your way of having a long and rewarding bonding. :cheers:
Keep up the good work! :thumbs:

We love pictures! :)

You have your hands full with a little one also but they are the greatest gift a man can receive. Make sure you just have fun..sounds like your doing just that.. and just enjoy learning together with Remi and the rest will take care of itself.

The season will be here before you know it or at least I hope so:D

Remi doesn't need a fancy pedigree to be a good hunter and great companion.Some of my fondest memories are those of hunting behind dogs of unknown ancestry! Looks like your well on your way of having a long and rewarding bonding. :cheers:
Keep up the good work! :thumbs:

We love pictures! :)

Well that's good to hear and have heard this before! Peace of mind for the new trainer:thumbsup: The bond is there and growing for sure! Thanks!

Pictures to come...:)

You have your hands full with a little one also but they are the greatest gift a man can receive. Make sure you just have fun..sounds like your doing just that.. and just enjoy learning together with Remi and the rest will take care of itself.

The season will be here before you know it or at least I hope so:D

That's the truth lol. I can say that since we have been able to get to the dog parks more often, I have seen an obvious change in her demeanor at home. Yea she is still a pup and the challenge is there with the two young ones. However, it now seems like we can get a 15-30 second count before giving a "no" compared to every second haha!

Thanks! It sure is! You mention fun: I changed our routine not that long ago which mainly just added more playtime into our regimen. It has paid off already imo. She is much more inclined to train with less stubbornness now, not that she was bad before. Win-win!

Haha I cant wait for the season to get here. Lots of preserve time coming our way that's for sure!

Thanks for the replies gents!

From this past weekend: We played, trained, got some water intro. Of course when she was in chest deep the excitement I had outweighed the "ready to take that pic" so I don't have a good pic of that time...

Remi is a fine looking pup! Don't despair some pups can be a real handfull their first year. Sometimes I think my current pup is more coyote than dog, but boy does he want to hunt! lol.
Thanks for the pictures!

Remi is a fine looking pup! Don't despair some pups can be a real handfull their first year. Sometimes I think my current pup is more coyote than dog, but boy does he want to hunt! lol.
Thanks for the pictures!

Remi says thanks! Haha that's too funny! Gonna try and get Remi on more birds this weekend..

Youre welcome!!

Back