Why not Minot?

That is some outstanding news. I will be in that area 10/11 - 10/19. We can't hunt plots for the majority of the trip but can hopefully find some good WPA and unposed private. Thanks for the reply!

I am there 10/7-10/9 and again 10/14-10/17. I am buy myself opening weekend. the following weekend I am with a large group. too bad you aren't out there a couple days before. if you want a report opening weekend lmk.

I am there 10/7-10/9 and again 10/14-10/17. I am buy myself opening weekend. the following weekend I am with a large group. too bad you aren't out there a couple days before. if you want a report opening weekend lmk.

Mite have to help you out with that being by your self opening WK end thing jim You can take ur birds off point lol.

Always warm that early MN opener last year was warm 2nd day 82 but lots of dumb young birds for dog 2 get on... Just pack lots of water...

Last edited:
Mite have to help you out with that being by your self opening WK end thing jim You can take ur birds off point lol.

Always warm that early MN opener last year was warm 2nd day 82 but lots of dumb young birds for dog 2 get on... Just pack lots of water...

Sounds good. I am not a great shot. I usually just shoot at the same time, and say I got it. so I am good with Flushers or pointers. I shoot more birds when they guys I bring are good shots.

I remember last year, one day was too hot for the dogs and us.

I will keep you up and let you know when crops are coming off.

Not that much unposted any more.

Aint that the truth!! Id like an opening weekend report for sure. I go out with some duck hunters every year. Im at their mercy as far as when to go. One of them owns the house we stay in. Is it as dry as last year? Seems like the only place we found birds were in cattail sloughs.

Sounds good. I am not a great shot. I usually just shoot at the same time, and say I got it. so I am good with Flushers or pointers. I shoot more birds when they guys I bring are good shots.

I remember last year, one day was too hot for the dogs and us.

I will keep you up and let you know when crops are coming off.

Sound good Jim... I tend to kill more birds when my buddy's shoot lots if trap b4 season I think they just give me the birds because I have the dog??? Lol

It sounds like I mite have to give ND another chance b4 I write it off lol I better hunt the best areas I can my next trip so I have a true esesment of ND pheasants...

Aint that the truth!! Id like an opening weekend report for sure. I go out with some duck hunters every year. Im at their mercy as far as when to go. One of them owns the house we stay in. Is it as dry as last year? Seems like the only place we found birds were in cattail sloughs.

esetter,

Well its real wet out there this year. this is the first time in a while our lawn is still green in Mid august. Crops look great and the grass is thick on the edges of the fields. and places that haven't held water in a while have water in them.... I just saw these Brood numbers.

Game and Fish News - Aug. 15, 2016
Duck Brood Numbers Up from Last Year
State Game and Fish Department biologists expect a fall duck flight from North Dakota that is similar to last year, based on observations from the annual mid-July waterfowl production survey.
This year?s brood index came in at 3.89 broods per square mile, which is up 11 percent from last year. The statewide average since the survey began in the 1950s is 2.55 broods per square mile.

Awesome news. It was super dry , a few guys we know either burnt fields down or even their combine from fires started during harvesting. THATS DRY!!

Back