Its a long shot

Boy, that Karma sure wasn't with me in the field yesterday. Starting out I couldn't hit the ol' "broadside of the barn". My older dog, Mattie, was on point and I flushed the rooster from right under her nose and my feet. Took 4 whacks at him and he just kept on flying. By the 4th shot he probably was 80 yds. out but I was pissed. Yesterday was the worst I've shot in a long time. Finally got my poop together and went 3 or 3 to end the day.

I know the feeling DZ, I was working some brush and spruce along a ditch and spotted a rooster under one of the evergreen bushes, turns out he was dead. The next day, ten miles away I see another rooster flat on the ground in some bushes and say "Damn, there's another dead rooster", as I bend down to pick it up it flushes. Three shots and I'm sure I wasn't close with any of them! Back to the motel to change my shorts :)

One of the great things about this event is, George was just following His instincts. Never a thought of a pat on the back. You just do what You can do.

Happy Holidays an best wishes George and all UPH members. :)

Back