Its a long shot

bobman

but this guy realized he left his gun

Being the genius that I am, I left a Remington 1100 shotgun at a Game Production Area near Castlewood South Dakota. Left the gun propped up against the back tire and didn't realize it until way to far down the road. We are staying in Albert Lea MN tonight on our way home to NC. If anyone lives or is hunting in that area please respond to this thread or PM me. If I was by myself I would go look for it tomorrow but am riding with someone else and we need to be home tomorrow. I have contacted the local wildlife officer so hopefully he will call me back. If you know anyone in that area who might could check for me that would be great.

http://www.uplandjournal.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard312a/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=86137

thought maybe one of you locals might somehow be able to help the guy

like finding a needle in a haystack I guess

I left my sxs at a spot in North Dakota once because I was working on a dog that was hurt, I was lucky and it was still there when I returned

that would sure be nice let me see if I can get his info for you

would you want to PM a phone number I could PM him with?So he could call you?

lost gun

I am the guy who lost the gun. Please call 336 306 2794 and I can give you the location. Thank you so much for the offer to help.

I've done this before:(. Not a good feeling. Hope it's still there!!

Dakotazeb cheers to you my friend:cheers:

Nick

found gun!!!!!

I just got off the phone with my new best friend dakota zeb. He found the gun!!!!!! Whata a great guy to take time and drive down there for me. Big thanks to bobman as well for cross posting this from upland journal. This confirms my belief that bird hunters are some of the best people in the world.

Glad I was able to help. I got down to where I thought the owner had told me they were parked and looked around but did not see anything. I checked another parking area close by but nothing there either so I called the owner and described the area I was at. I was sure I was in the right place so while I had him on the phone I walked around the area again and as we were talking I stepped on something in the snow (we had gotten about an inch of fresh snow last night) and low and behold it was his Remington 1100. Now I just have to get it shipped off to North Carolina.

Technically You can ship a gun to yourself in care of him with the post office insure it.

I've sent a few around the country to places I was going to hunt, the post office has always been reliable

I would probably wait until after the Christmas crush is over though.

You're a good man... I am absolutely amazed you guys were able to pull this off, the internet is a real miracle.

I can't count the number of variables that come into play in a scenario like this, and you STILL found the gun!

VERY WELL DONE, Zeb! You are one of nature's noblemen.

and a damned nice guy, as well. :thumbsup:

BIG KUDOS to DakotaZeb and Bobman

This story reads like a True Christmas Miracle!!

I saw the story on UJ this morning and posted that I hoped a Good Person would find it and turn it in the a CO etc. Then saw that Bobman had posted it over here as "A Long Shot" No Kidding:eek:

Then George (DZ) drives down xxxx miles in the snow this morning and FINDS THAT 1100 BURIED UNDER THE SNOW!!! Simply Unbelievable.

I LUV a Happy Ending. And George and Bob have added tons of Karma to their accounts today. Well Done, Guys.:10sign:

MERRY CHRISTMAS Everybody.

NB

This story reads like a True Christmas Miracle!!

I saw the story on UJ this morning and posted that I hoped a Good Person would find it and turn it in the a CO etc. Then saw that Bobman had posted it over here as "A Long Shot" No Kidding:eek:

Then George (DZ) drives down xxxx miles in the snow this morning and FINDS THAT 1100 BURIED UNDER THE SNOW!!! Simply Unbelievable.

I LUV a Happy Ending. And George and Bob have added tons of Karma to their accounts today. Well Done, Guys.:10sign:

MERRY CHRISTMAS Everybody.

NB

That's great news:):cheers:

Lost 1100

Merry Christmas to all !!

Zeb, that was very special. You have demonstrated that there are very good people in our country and I feel you are one of the best.

Geez guys, you're making my head swell! :) I didn't do anything different than the rest of you would have done put in the same situation. I was glad to have helped and happy that we recovered the shotgun. Made me feel good too. I hope if I'm ever in that situation that someone would do the same for me.

Back