Fed Premium PF Loads

ive shot a few birds with golden pheasant 6s but never brought another box so must not of liked them to much??? never had em miss fire but my dad did have a load from a box of hevi metal pheasant dud up on him & not shoot when we were prairie chicken hunting in MN you can only shoot 2 chickens a year so to say he was pissed off about the miss fire with the hevi metal pheasant loads is a understatement!!!

i never cared for the flight control wad in the prairie storms when i used my mod choke but now that i only use my improved i like them a hole lot more!!! i think ill try out the 5s in 3inch prairie storm & try them out & see how i like em compared to the 6s

This thread is over two years old!!

And Soooooo.... the price of eggs, butter and hamburg have all gone up in the last 24 months, so why not shotgun shells.:confused:

And yes, the Federal Premium PF loads are still worth it; #5's are my flavor.

NB

Sorry, I don't do the grocery shopping. However I do buy gas and seems it has decreased from a year ago http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx.

Just trying to figure out how they cost as much/if not more than Prairie Storm? Guess I will try a box and see so for myself.

Last edited:
Federal PF 1 1/4 oz. loads at Walmart are $12.97.

I've shot a bunch of the PF's in the past and they are great loads. But since going to a 16 ga. a few years ago I've been shooting Fiocchi GP's with #6 shot and they have performed extremely well on wild pheasants.

They are a better round then prairie storm. And that is not what I have seen unless your at gander or something. 2 years ago I was getting them by the flat for under 10 bucks a box.

Dam, wish I could find that deal. 17.89 at the Fleet Farm, saw them on sale one time at 16.50.

Federal PF 1 1/4 oz. loads at Walmart are $12.97.

That's what I thought as well. Went to the store and they don't have any more. They did have 3 boxes of the Federal Premium 1 1/2 oz #6's for $32 per box!!!

I can't find the Federal PF anymore. I still have 6 boxes and should be good for the season anyway.

That's what I thought as well. Went to the store and they don't have any more. They did have 3 boxes of the Federal Premium 1 1/2 oz #6's for $32 per box!!!

I can't find the Federal PF anymore. I still have 6 boxes and should be good for the season anyway.

Just happened to be in the local Walmart today and they did not have any 12 ga. PF's on the shelf. A few boxes of 20 ga. priced at $13.97.

Still a rough time. Anti's are getting their way a little here and there. Hard to hunt if they get it all hard to find and too spendy. Take care of business at the ballot box fellas.;)

The govt buying up millions of dollars in ammo doesn't help either.:eek:

Seriously though I haven't had a problem finding any ammo. I get all mine at the local mom& pop feed store in town. They are stocked and only sell to the regulars and if you have a special load you want they will order you a case.:cheers:

You guys must have better luck than me. I have looked at Walmart and a local Sportsman's Warehouse, no luck. Guess than means I will have to give something else a try. :D

The govt buying up millions of dollars in ammo doesn't help either.:eek:

Seriously though I haven't had a problem finding any ammo. I get all mine at the local mom& pop feed store in town. They are stocked and only sell to the regulars and if you have a special load you want they will order you a case.:cheers:

Me niether, just not what I want sometimes. It is a powder issue right now. Powder is in high demand, and not hitting the market fast enough.

Last year going through our Gander Mountain and Cabelas on my way to Iowa, neither store had the Premium Federal loads in stock. so I bought a couple boxes of Fiochi premium pheasant loads. Big mistake. They don't eject from my O/U. I think the hulls swell when fired and they stick. I can usually reload pretty fast, but it really slows down when I have to pull out the empties, then reach for new shells. I still have one box of those left and don't want to have to use them again next year.

Last year going through our Gander Mountain and Cabelas on my way to Iowa, neither store had the Premium Federal loads in stock. so I bought a couple boxes of Fiochi premium pheasant loads. Big mistake. They don't eject from my O/U. I think the hulls swell when fired and they stick. I can usually reload pretty fast, but it really slows down when I have to pull out the empties, then reach for new shells. I still have one box of those left and don't want to have to use them again next year.

No way your kidding hmmmmmm freakin junk

You guys must have better luck than me. I have looked at Walmart and a local Sportsman's Warehouse, no luck. Guess than means I will have to give something else a try. :D

they don't sell the good ones at walmart ya they have feds but there the 1300 fps ones if you buy the good ones there close to 20

they don't sell the good ones at walmart ya they have feds but there the 1300 fps ones if you buy the good ones there close to 20

Maybe in your part of the country but not here. When I use to buy 12 ga. Federal PF's the ones at Walmart were the same 1,500 fps shells I could buy any place else. Unless they have recently changed.

And I'm really surprised at the number of Fiocchi haters out there. The Fiocchi GP's is all I've been using in my SweetSixteen and I have found them to be great shells. Never a problem and I'm killing pheasants just as dead as I did with the 12 ga. Federal PF's.

When Walmart has them, it is the same here in Kansas. 1500 FPS, copper plated, 1 1/4 oz. Right now all they have is the Federal Magnum (1 1/2 oz) at $32 a box.

Back