Fed Premium PF Loads

Maybe in your part of the country but not here. When I use to buy 12 ga. Federal PF's the ones at Walmart were the same 1,500 fps shells I could buy any place else. Unless they have recently changed.

And I'm really surprised at the number of Fiocchi haters out there. The Fiocchi GP's is all I've been using in my SweetSixteen and I have found them to be great shells. Never a problem and I'm killing pheasants just as dead as I did with the 12 ga. Federal PF's.

Fiocchi make fine ammo for the most part, like most everyone else. These internet boards are very fickle. Opinion leaders tend to sway many.

Last edited:
When Walmart has them, it is the same here in Kansas. 1500 FPS, copper plated, 1 1/4 oz. Right now all they have is the Federal Magnum (1 1/2 oz) at $32 a box.

Wow thats nuts. I only buy 1 1/4 OZ. 12.97 a box at wally world. Only wally worlds in pheasant country will have them. And a couple secret ones I know. :D

Wow thats nuts. I only buy 1 1/4 OZ. 12.97 a box at wally world. Only wally worlds in pheasant country will have them. And a couple secret ones I know. :D

Those are the ones I buy when Walmart has them. There is no way I would pay $30 a box for shells.

When I see the Federal Magnum #6 shot, 1 1/2 ounce, I just stand there looking at the box box and the $32 price. I guess I look pretty confused, I have been asked 4 times if I needed help!!! I tell them I am trying to figure out why these are so expensive when they normally have the $13 a box stuff.

really? How much are they a box I have never seen the good ones in walmart I see the 1300 fps all the time?

I'm just talking in general. When I've used the Fiocchi Golden Pheasant loads in my 16 gauges they performed very well for me. I've ran through a coupe flats of their target loads on the skeet and sporting clay ranges and they also performed very well for me.

I run hi-brass Winchester #6. They are fantastic for me and are about $13 a box. I'm shooting a 12 ga Ruger red label o/u.

I tried prairie storms a couple of years ago. I fell for the marketing. I found I stone cold missed birds I was sure I had covered and I puffed other birds that were far enough out.

Stick with what works for you and your gun.

Back