Fed Premium PF Loads

FCSpringer

Any one using these, best ammo on the market I think. Forgiving, long range deadliest killing power, less cripples, pattern great, American, Pheasants forever,2 3/4", speed kills, copper plated, don't kick to hard, clean kills. Gotta love em.:thumbsup: Thought I would put this here instead of in other load threads.:D I don't have problems with my guns breaking and shot to hell birds, I simply don't shoot them off the end of the barrel. And yes M you can get deals on them for around 8-9$ a box every year if you know where to look.:D
P1220423.jpg

There's 91 days in the season here in Minnesota

You have 525 rounds of ammo

we can have two birds a day until Nov 31st. Then 3 birds a day until Jan 2nd. Then two birds a day until Jan 12th

That's 57 days with a two bird limit and 34 days with 3 bird limit.

That means you can shoot a 216 pheasants in a season, if you can stay within your possession limit.

That means you can miss 309 times and still make it though the season with enough shells, if you hunt everyday and kill your limit.

309 misses? You better practice more:laugh::beer:

There's 91 days in the season here in Minnesota

You have 525 rounds of ammo

we can have two birds a day until Nov 31st. Then 3 birds a day until Jan 2nd. Then two birds a day until Jan 12th

That's 57 days with a two bird limit and 34 days with 3 bird limit.

That means you can shoot a 216 pheasants in a season, if you can stay within your possession limit.

That means you can miss 309 times and still make it though the season with enough shells, if you hunt everyday and kill your limit.

309 misses? You better practice more:laugh::beer:

LOL, but actualy the other 10 boxes I bought are in the truck, so I can miss alot. When I get them at a steal like this I buy all they have left and they last me a couple years. Training twice a week and shooting for several trial dogs I go through them fast. I shoot just as many of the Kent Fitasc low base 1 oz 1,450fps target loads for pigeons too. These are just for pheasants and hunting.

These are the shells that I use and I've never experienced problems in my SX3 or my Model A301. They cycle great, even when the temps are cold! Great shell in my opinion.

Ken I might just switch to a different shell because you are starting to piss me off with your stories of saving 3-4 dollars a box.

Anytime you can get ammo for a song..you best buy it. I buy when the gettin is good also.

Both my hunting partner and I use the Federal PF 1 3/8 ounce loads usually in 4 or 5. I prefer 4 shot. They are usually around $14 a box here.

From field and stream mag.

The Federal Cartridge Company has been in business in Anoka, MN, since 1922. Along with another plant in Lewiston, Idaho, Federal makes shot shell, centerfire and rimfire ammunition, including some of the most innovative hunting loads in the industry.

It also talks about having around 1,000 employees at the Anoka MN plant alone. Combine that with the jobs in these other states and that with it being darn good hard to beat ammo, I will keep supporting Them and American jobs this day and age.:thumbsup: I don't mind paying a bit more for something that works rather then settling on stuff I shoot more of and less result. If I shoot 4 of these cheap junk shells, and One premium, which is cheaper in the long hall?

thats what im using to i used to think those junk fiocchi were the best but they suck ive killed more birds even with the slower fps feds.But those high velocity pf shells are bird killing loads for sure.

thats what im using to i used to think those junk fiocchi were the best but they suck ive killed more birds even with the slower fps feds.But those high velocity pf shells are bird killing loads for sure.

And you guy's still get to hunt yet I supose too, LOL:D or is season over down there.?

Is this load getting harder and harder to find? Have had trouble finding them for under 18.50. Most of the time going for 20+. Thats crazy!!!

I had a couple boxes left from last year, used them last week. :thumbsup:
I've used nothing but Federal forever.

Is this load getting harder and harder to find? Have had trouble finding them for under 18.50. Most of the time going for 20+. Thats crazy!!!

This thread is over two years old!!

And Soooooo.... the price of eggs, butter and hamburg have all gone up in the last 24 months, so why not shotgun shells.:confused:

And yes, the Federal Premium PF loads are still worth it; #5's are my flavor.

NB

the 3inch prairie storm loads are like 20-21$$$ kinda steep at almost a buck a shell for just lead??? i shoot hevi metal pheasant for 3$ more for same amount in a box & thats hevi shot...???

ive been a federal user for years also my buddy gave me some 3 in prairie storm 6s on opener think he gave me 3 & i killed 2 birds with them i think i like the 3 in 6s??? ive been a 4 shot guy for awhile for both steel & lead i will admit them remington hypersonic loads i do like alot also in 4 shot

I love how this thread comes back now lol where were all these guys when everyone was bragging on those junk assed fiocchis worse shell made misfireing junk!!! those fed #5 1and 3/8 shot at 1550 fps second get it done!!!

Back