Let's Bitch (Can't Hunt)

I stopped cleaning pheasants while on a multi-day hunt several years ago.

I hear you, I age almost all my birds and usually wait 2-5 days to clean. On the trip I mentioned it was too warm to hang them. The house had a nice garage all set up with cleaning station. Crack a beer, slap on the gloves and go to town. I gave my military buddy the game shears and between three of us we had those birds cleaned in no time, and had a good time too. I remember the 2nd night I mentioned cleaning birds and Mr. Marine about jumped out of his chair 💺. I think it was one of his favorite parts of the weekend. His wife pumped the breaks on him this year and wouldn't sign his hall pass. We didn't clean any birds, they all sat outside on a table, much colder weather.

Early Times.Cheap whiskey,and keystone
I can do the cheap whiskey but Keystone! (n)
Since I've learned not to go on a trip with just anyone, my complaints have greatly diminished. But with that another problem has arisen. With a pool of only 3 it's getting hard to schedule. I usually schedule around the weather and crop harvest, so it can be short notice. This year not any of the 3 could go:mad:. So, I bought myself a little solo adventure wagon. I know I'm going to worry some loved ones but it's a chance I'm willing to take. 🍻

Since I've learned not to go on a trip with just anyone, my complaints have greatly diminished. But with that another problem has arisen. With a pool of only 3 it's getting hard to schedule. I usually schedule around the weather and crop harvest, so it can be short notice. This year not any of the 3 could go:mad:. So, I bought myself a little solo adventure wagon. I know I'm going to worry some loved ones but it's a chance I'm willing to take. 🍻
I usually drink pbr,early times, baccardi,miller.Hunt solo 99% of the time.Im not a control freak about my dogs.I just have a good time.

I usually drink pbr,early times, baccardi,miller.Hunt solo 99% of the time.Im not a control freak about my dogs.I just have a good time.
Not sure I've tried Early Times. It'll be my next bottle of whiskey. I also want to try Woodford Reserve because it is used in the premium mint juleps served at the Kentucky Derby.

Not sure I've tried Early Times. It'll be my next bottle of whiskey. I also want to try Woodford Reserve because it is used in the premium mint juleps served at the Kentucky Derby.
Woodford is a good whiskey. Not consistent though. I meet a guy that worked for the parent company. I told him first few times it was outstanding. Then it dropped off. They don't want to shut the system down and clean all the copper yearly. Hence not consistent, like it should be.

I wonder if I am the only non-drinker on this forum?
I do drink coffee but no alcohol, no carbonated soft drinks.
I've always been a health nut and physical fitness freak.

Point that wagon south in about 10 months dude!

Bets cheap whiskey, Evan Wiliams.
I have several bottles of 10 year old Evan Williams that was a Sam's Club selection for Missouri stores several years ago. Really nice stuff for $22 a bottle. You used to be able to get some really nice bottles for under $30.

IMO, the best Woodord Reserve is their Double Oak but I have bourbon's I paid a lot less for that I like better. Not a fan of WR in general.
I really don't drink much. I have a lot of quality bourbon on hand but I seldom have more than one drink every few months. I'm getting older but I wasn't happy with my fitness level at all, this past season, so I'm making some significant lifestyle changes. I don't drink enough alcohol for it to have an impact but just about everything else is on the table.

Back