zionsville?

Any public ground close to Zionsville Indiana I am taking a trip there tomorrow to spend with my sister and I am taking the dogs since I have know one to take care of them and would like to check out a public spot to hunt and run my dogs( anyone) ? thanks bryan

Not much in the area of Zionsville, about an 1.2 hours south there is camp Atterbury (no wild phez) and they have a dog running area but they are doing DNR put/take right now and may not be slots left. 2 hours north of Zville there is Willow Slough and it is in the Indiana wild pheasant belt but gets hit hard, so hard that they also do a put/take as wild birds are hard to come by there even though the surrounding county has a good population of wild Phez. You can google the Indiana dnr site for a list of properties I may have overlooked. Welcome to Indiana.

Last edited:
thanks field king I got to go to lucas oil stadium where the colts play, my sisters son was playing in the state championship game westfield against cathedral it was really fun I love football at all levels I must say Indiana football is a little more behind than in mo or ks but as you travel farther south east theres no comparison at all

thanks field king I got to go to lucas oil stadium where the colts play, my sisters son was playing in the state championship game westfield against cathedral it was really fun I love football at all levels I must say Indiana football is a little more behind than in mo or ks but as you travel farther south east theres no comparison at all

That Lucas stadium is real nice, at work I cut a lot of the big steel plates that connect the I beam structure, some of those plates are 2" thick. I have to agree with you on Indiana football being behind the west region of the country, football took a back seat to basketball here for so long, small high schools in rural areas can pack a gym for a basketball game. Congrats on your sisters son to making it to the championship game, he will remember that forever.

thanks he rides the pine but I love just watching, ya I knew basketball was was top dog in indy. I told her son you know you can always put that on a resume people like winners he looked confused at me lol

Wasn't a good year for IN HS football teams. There are usually teams ranked in the National top 50 and sometimes top 25 and top 10.

This year was odd, no great teams. I think several of the state champs had at least 2 losses and some as many as 4 (and maybe one with 5). Indy area is a hot bed of national football talent, usually. This year not so much. There were probably 5 teams in ^A who were all about the same and none great.

In almost any year I'd put the Indy area champ up against anything from KS or Mo but not this year. Cathedral is usually really good and I think they won the 5A title but they had 5 losses! (They played a very tough schedule)

Back