Youth Pheasant Hunt this weekend

wapsijim

Taking one of the grandsons (13) out for a couple hours Saturday or Sunday with my son. He's walked with my son and I when we hunted for a couple of years now and is ready to hunt. I like the idea of a short youth only season. Gives us a chance to observe and advise him since we won't be carrying guns. The dog gets a chance to get out too. She may be disappointed when we quit after the first bird in the bag.

Anyone else taking a youth out?

Taking one of the grandsons (13) out for a couple hours Saturday or Sunday with my son. He's walked with my son and I when we hunted for a couple of years now and is ready to hunt. I like the idea of a short youth only season. Gives us a chance to observe and advise him since we won't be carrying guns. The dog gets a chance to get out too. She may be disappointed when we quit after the first bird in the bag.

Anyone else taking a youth out?

Is the limit one?

I'll be taking my son out. Our pheasant spots are 50 or 60 miles away. Kind of wish the kids were allowed more than 1 per day, but it is what it is. Goodluck to everyone taking a youth out.

Yowsers, I took my son today youth pheasant hunting around the LeMars area up to Alton and we didn't put one rooster up in range. We saw less than a dozen total, not the bird numbers I was hoping to see. I think tomorrow I will take him further north and give it a go.

Took a grandson along with a son. We only saw two (1 hen 1 rooster), too windy/rainy here I think and a lot of standing corn too. Had a good time anyway!

Last edited:
Yowsers again today, we burned almost a tank of gas north of Alton and once again very few birds seen and unfortunately no roosters in range for my son. Granted we hunt the ditches mainly and early season warm weather isn't exactly ideal for that but I was really hoping to see more birds than what we have. I hope next weekend will be better with more hunters moving birds around. We only saw two other father / son hunters these last couple of days.

Back