You ain't gonna believe it

FCSpringer

OK My name on windows 7 forums is PCNimrod for a reason. But this is the great news. For us rural folks, we have limited access to internet. I have dial up, it sucks. I have the choice of dsl from the phone co, or satellite. "Both are spendy".
So I seen some talk on the net about tethering a smart web phone to your Lap top. So I dug in to it. Now this is my first go as I type. I am hooked up to my phone, wireless on the net. With speeds faster then dial up. And 20$ a month, same as dial up. Now I can take the phone with too and have internet every where besides. I call it sticking it to the man.:thumbsup:
:cheers: Soon once I figure it out," in about 6 months" I will set up a new email account that will still let me save pics etc to my computer and call up the phone co and tell them to shovel it.:D I am having one of those good moments right now.:thumbsup: OH and I also just found out aint is a word in spell check, only with one of these added ' "Great Day".

Last edited:
I have one of those fancy Droid phones. (love it) I leave uph open all the time at work so I can stay updated and my kid loves the games. Using it as a phone what a pain. :)

Good for you FCS:)
I ain't figgerd out most of the stuff on my phone.
I figure if ain't is a word figgerd should be also.:eek:

OK My name on windows 7 forums is PCNimrod for a reason. But this is the great news. For us rural folks, we have limited access to internet. I have dial up, it sucks. I have the choice of dsl from the phone co, or satellite. "Both are spendy".
So I seen some talk on the net about tethering a smart web phone to your Lap top. So I dug in to it. Now this is my first go as I type. I am hooked up to my phone, wireless on the net. With speeds faster then dial up. And 20$ a month, same as dial up. Now I can take the phone with too and have internet every where besides. I call it sticking it to the man.:thumbsup:
:cheers: Soon once I figure it out," in about 6 months" I will set up a new email account that will still let me save pics etc to my computer and call up the phone co and tell them to shovel it.:D I am having one of those good moments right now.:thumbsup: OH and I also just found out aint is a word in spell check, only with one of these added ' "Great Day".

OK we need some details here. ;)

I gather you have an 'aircard' plugged into your laptop than communicates with your cell? If you don't mind which one? Who's the cell provider? can you have 2 computers on at the same time? etc? total $ a month? (I don't mean to get too personal ;) )

We've had WildBlue satellite 'service' for awhile now and dsl just isn't going to happen here. I'm a bit tired of paying $80 a month for mediocre service.

thanks-
C-dad

Back