Yotes! and rooster report..

Husker

Went back to the farm this weekend to check on the birds and watch the super bowl with some friends.... The Roosters look great! There's still a ton of snow on the ground but they've managed to find feed just fine and all seemed very plump and healthy. The carry over looks outstanding with lots of roosters! The Coyote population also seems to be thriving, we managed to take care of three dogs with little effort, but I can see I'm going to have to put a bunch more time into hunting them in the next few months. I bet I saw 20+ dogs over the weekend, way more then I've seen before!

Steve
0206111524a95264864.jpg

I went and did chores while I was there, picked up about 30 sheds when out feeding cattle...

0129111248.jpg

6" Base! Hope I find this guy next year!
0129111259.jpg

You take your coyote pelts to a tanner, or do em' yourself?

Nah, I wouldn't know where to start! We have a guy that buys them from us... 15-20 bucks for the good ones here lately... :10sign:

Husker,

Great Job on the dogs. I have never hunted yotes before. Do you call them in or drive the roads glassing the fields for them? Sorry if these are dumb questions. I would like to try this in the down months now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

husker, Way to put the slam on those yote's:thumbsup:

Hockeybob, you can call them in with hand calls or ecallers. Fox-pro's a great band of ecaller. :)

I am hoping to get out this weekend and tr and call some in. I am an amateur so I dont know how much luck I will have. At least I will be outdoors gun in hand.

You know! All those yotes you see are living almost entirely on pheasants.
Congrats to you for saving a TON of pheasants.
You are doing more for the next years hunt then most.
Keep up the good work. :10sign:

Back