Yellowstone River

mnmthunting

Banned
Has anybody hunted it for Pheasants?

Yes, I have shot quite a few roosters and huns in MT. My family is from Bozeman and we still shoot some out neat Spring Hill. The best hunting in my opinion is out in Eastern Mt. by the Big Horn River near Hardin. LOTS of birds...

That Big Horn River bottom is some good Pheasant country. It's interesting that you call it Eastern Montana. I guess. I think of Eastern MT as like Miles City, Glasgow, Sidney, culbertson etc.

The Horn

My dad's side of the family is in Hardin and my aunt has a farm on the river. There are a lot of birds there, but we'll try to keep that our secret. ;)

My dad's side of the family is in Hardin and my aunt has a farm on the river. There are a lot of birds there, but we'll try to keep that our secret. ;)

Yup,:thumbsup: I won't tell anyone.
Not going to matter anyway, not much public land. If you don't have connections, it's going to be very very tough.

I am curious if more land will end up enrolled in the block management program with the passage of 161. I'm not sure how that will play out.

I am curious if more land will end up enrolled in the block management program with the passage of 161. I'm not sure how that will play out.

I don't think there is any good reason to believe I-161 is going to open up more land to Block Management. Only time will tell but I'd even go as far as saying there is less land in BM next year than this year.

What you doing over here JD?

I believer your correct, BM has peaked out and may very well go the other way.

In many cases the BMA's are the marginal areas, some have little or no game. The better areas of game habitat are over hunted, both type I and 2.

The prime hunting land is more valuable as leased. Look at all that country by Broadus locked up and booked up. That is as good mixed bag hunting as anywhere in MT.:(

Oh yeah! Welcome!

Back