Worst season ever

Zeepo

This MO season by far was the worst ever. Plus with all the snow on the ground I think it will only get worse. Mo needs 2 years of great hatches to get it huntable again. I shot at 1 pheasant and that was it.

zeepo:

saw 2 hens and then dog got full shot from skunk.
that was my missouri bird season.
I will keep spending more in south dakota
just a note--skunk won't be spraying anymore dogs:D

I am sorry to see there is another state in as bad of shape for birds as Washington.......Bob

down here in western ok it has been good for me in most places.i saw the bigest covey of my life 1 day ,got out of my truck took 5 steps and had about 40 birds come up.to bad it was deer seson all i had was my 30-06....

i went back & all the birds were on other property

for got to say all quail

picture.php

(Source: http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/applications/MDCLibrary/Library.aspx?ArtID=20707)

Think the 2009â??2010 harvest will be even lower?

Missouri wouldn't seem to be the state to visit for pheasant numbers. Sure does have some pretty ground, though.

Wow guys my buddy and I must be pretty lucky. Between the two of us we probably shot 6 Missouri roosters from 4 trips. I also thought quail numbers were up. These birds were hard worked for but we were never skunked. I can also tell you if we shot better we could have been near a dozen roosters.

I think the numbers were up but not anymore. With the big snow storm in early Dec. and then the late one Dec. 24th they went almost 2 months with a lot of snow on the ground. Quail I think will be hit hard, pheasant not so much.

zeepo

Back