Worked HARD Today!

nstric

Managed 4 roosters bagged . . . my buddy and me.

Good numbers seen: 14 roosters and 45-50 hens in two fields. The first was a 320 acre piece and the second was near 200 acres. Big walking, in pretty miserable weather conditions. I'm tired of the rain!

Headed back out for a morning hunt tomorrow. Hoping for a bit of snow to stick.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C283%3Enu%3D3242%3E%3B63%3E9%3B6%3EWSNRCG%3D373%3B8696%3C8338nu0mrj

very nice. you give me hope. i dearly hope i'm able to take a pic with the benelli and a dead cock bird over the new year while visiting your fare state. fingers crossed that the weather continues to cooperate. looks like it's going to get cold...

very nice. you give me hope. i dearly hope i'm able to take a pic with the benelli and a dead cock bird over the new year while visiting your fare state. fingers crossed that the weather continues to cooperate. looks like it's going to get cold...
Where will you be hunting?

this trip is purely impromptu and very loosely planned. we're shooting to be around the north side of des moines wednesday morning before sunrise and spend the next 4 days hunting/scouting our way up to the great lakes area. just two guys and four dogs looking for a change of scenery.

this trip is purely impromptu and very loosely planned. we're shooting to be around the north side of des moines wednesday morning before sunrise and spend the next 4 days hunting/scouting our way up to the great lakes area. just two guys and four dogs looking for a change of scenery.

I live "north of Des Moines", in Johnson. If interested, look me up and schedule permitting we can meet for a beer / dinner and I'll share 2-3 of my spots.

With the path you're taking GSP, I have no doubt you guys will have at least a few in the cooler. I'm just east of great lakes area, so once you get north and if you need some places to go, I can take you on some public and private further east, but I have a feeling you guys won't be hurting in the bird department.

i appreciate your optimism. you haven't seem me shoot....

really looking forward to our adventure to iowa. i've driven through way too many times and not stopped.

looks like we'll be just in time for some cooler weather. and it doesn't look like there's too much snow in the forecast. should be reasonably safe traveling. :cheers:

Back