Woodcock hunting

ollie

Here is a compilation video from some woodcock shooting I did last week in ireland. The shooting was done over 3 days and although the bags were modest it was good sport.

Please give the video a like & subscribe to my YouTube page.

http://youtu.be/3kezyaQxk_k

Nice video, we had a great year chasing woodcock here in Michigan. Looks like you had some good hunts.

Thanks for watching. Our season runs until the end of January so hopefully I have a few more hunts to come.

Our woodcock is slightly larger than the American cousin, but they are a brilliant bird to hunt. So unpredictable & sporting!!!

Good shooting and beautiful country. No woodcock here in CA but we have Wilson's snipe which are very similar except they live on the margins of swamps and bogs.

Good shooting and beautiful country. No woodcock here in CA but we have Wilson's snipe which are very similar except they live on the margins of swamps and bogs.

We have snipe here in WI, too. Woodcock also inhabit swamp and bog edges where the ground is moist and a young tree canopy shading out an understory. Young aspen where it meets tag alder swamps is prime cover.

Thanks for watching. We get snipe here in Ireland aswell. Similar to your snipe, they live in bogs & swampy places. Very tricky to shoot, but they are very small & I rarely shoot them anymore.

We have snipe here in WI, too. Woodcock also inhabit swamp and bog edges where the ground is moist and a young tree canopy shading out an understory. Young aspen where it meets tag alder swamps is prime cover.

Swampy soft areas are great for woodcock here too, but it needs to be the right type of cover, especially with the weather being very wet here this year.

Back