Wood Area Report

mnbandit32

Hi all. Just a quick update from the Wood area. We hunted today after waiting for some of the rain to pass and had some excellent shooting. We have 10 guys in our party and we only took 3 hours to get our 30 birds. We are hunting on private land and the field we hunted today was a sunflower field. What a great day despite some of the rain. 2 more days to go. Will post some pics when I get back home.

The Pic's are always great to look at. By all means post them!!!

Sorry it has taken so long to post the pics. It has been kinda busy since I got back.

Saturdays Limit

Satresults.jpg

Sundays Limit

sundayresults.jpg

It would be great to see some "young" hunters in the group. But, as we all know, the average age of most hunting parties is geting up there............

Is it just too late for the younger generations, or is there something that can be done???

I have started to notice some of the pay to play guys are starting to let kids under 16 come free. Not all, but some guys are looking at future business maybe. If you have kids I would encourage asking about youth discounts on pay to hunts.

It would be great to see some "young" hunters in the group. But, as we all know, the average age of most hunting parties is geting up there............

Is it just too late for the younger generations, or is there something that can be done???

My 15 year old hunts with me all the time.

Now if this was a business trip or high priced outfitter, that could explain the lack of youth.

Most of our group do not have kids at home anymore. The ones that do, it gets to be alot of missed school for the time we go. We usually leave friday morning early and do not return til Tuesday. This would be 3 days out of school which is why I choose to not bring my kids with. When I hunt around home, they do go with me.

Back