Wing, ND

ricelake5

After many great South Dakota pheasant hunts things have changed on the land that we hunted to the point were we are heading North. Looking for some information on the Wing area, haven't been in that part of North Dakota but will be hunting there in early Nov. 09. Would like to know land type in that area i.e. grass, marsh, etc..
Any help would be appreciated

Lots of cropland. Corn should be mostly harvested by then. Prairie pothole country with cat tails and grass. Not the birds there are in SD, not near the hunters either. I think you'll do OK when you get into good habitat.

May not be a great destination this fall. Certainly some birds around, but outside a core area in ND. In 2009, the further you are from core areas, the more difficult it could be.

Winter in SD was much less severe.

After many great South Dakota pheasant hunts things have changed on the land that we hunted to the point were we are heading North. Looking for some information on the Wing area, haven't been in that part of North Dakota but will be hunting there in early Nov. 09. Would like to know land type in that area i.e. grass, marsh, etc..
Any help would be appreciated

How'd you do? I hunt a bit further north - the cover is generally a little too sparse in the Wing area. Not bad for sharpies, though. Are you from WI?

Mark

Back