Will the snow put an end to sand burrs?

powbass

Hate to have to put the boots on the dog, it's along process.
Didn't do well opening sat, I think I was around young birds as they looked like hens. I finally took a shot around 10am and my 870 blew up. Old guy didn't check the bore before loading.A few nicks,no serious injuries.Day was done. Owner of Paradise guns said it looked like a wad was stuck in the end of the barrel.
I think I have to give some thought to hunting alone at age 85. Need to find a
couple hunting partners.:cheers::cheers:

Holy crap. You're a lucky man to only have a few nicks. Good reminder to all of us to check those bores...

Hate to have to put the boots on the dog, it's along process.
Didn't do well opening sat, I think I was around young birds as they looked like hens. I finally took a shot around 10am and my 870 blew up. Old guy didn't check the bore before loading.A few nicks,no serious injuries.Day was done. Owner of Paradise guns said it looked like a wad was stuck in the end of the barrel.
I think I have to give some thought to hunting alone at age 85. Need to find a
couple hunting partners.:cheers::cheers:

What part of the world are you from, brother. You got big brass ones still getting out there at 85 and you are right, you need a side kick just to keep an eye on things older eyes might miss. Let us know where you are at and you might get yourself a side kick or two :thumbsup:

What part of the world are you from, brother. You got big brass ones still getting out there at 85 and you are right, you need a side kick just to keep an eye on things older eyes might miss. Let us know where you are at and you might get yourself a side kick or two :thumbsup:

Concur. I'll have some more weekday hunts this year, and my old pup just can't hack many more days afield. Shout out when you're contemplating the next one and I'm sure a few of us would be willing to boot up the pup and even bring a spare shotgun or 2 - and a bore snake :)

Pards

I am here in Colorado Springs, live alone,(wife of 64yrs past away last Nov) Just the Avatar pup(18Mo) and me. Drive white sprinter van. Been putting lots of miles on the van. go anywhere any time.:cheers:pS: willing to meet up with other
guys&gals. just give me shout.

I would hang that on the wall or give it to a Hunter Ed teacher so he or she can use it for demonstrations... Those burrs are pesky... One thing I do is trim or cut down all the hair inbetween the dogs pads.. I have not had to boot up, but a time or two it was needed... I see most in the wheat stubble. This year I hit 2 nice wheat stubble fields that were clean and were cut with a stripper head, which really adds to the cover for the birds...If you see a stubble field that is hard to tell it is a stubble field with all the weeds, it probably is going to hold some burrs as well as the ditches adjoing these fields.. They do get everywhere and I even seem to find them months later when I grab them that are attached to my coat or vest... Heck they have been attached to a few roosters under their tails in that softer feather area.... Hope you get out and knock a few down...:cheers:

hunters ed

I traded it to Paul at Paradise gun shop, He trying to find a used one. barrel not made anymore. He using the blown up barrel as a training aid.:cheers:

Yes, but did you get the bird...?

Joking...glad you are OK...that's why I like my O/U...always looking in my barrels...easy, peasy...

Back