Wia

I have had my license checked several times while fishing in MN... usually while frequenting one of the big 5 in the summer; however have been suprised by the CO showing up on tiny lakes or knocking on the portable ice fishing shelter. I look forward to seeing them while pheasant hunting, but have yet to have the pleasure; if payment is increasing for hunting/fishing I would be happy to see more 'presence'. Nothing is more maddening than someone abusing/misusing a precious resource!

I have had my license checked several times while fishing in MN... usually while frequenting one of the big 5 in the summer; however have been suprised by the CO showing up on tiny lakes or knocking on the portable ice fishing shelter. I look forward to seeing them while pheasant hunting, but have yet to have the pleasure; if payment is increasing for hunting/fishing I would be happy to see more 'presence'. Nothing is more maddening than someone abusing/misusing a precious resource!

Good lookin dog you have.:D But be careful what you wish for LOL. I had a buddy that thought he grabbed his steel shot once and hunted a public. He got checked and fined, for a simple honest mistake. He could have dropped his shells in the dirt to walk out, but thought he had his steel:D

I probably run into a CO 1 to 2 times a year while hunting. Most of the time its duck hunting. I like to see them around and would also like to see more of them they are spread very thin. As for the license issue I would like to see a raise in Res. and Non Res licenses. It does not have to be a lot but something at least. We need to keep the WIA program rolling another 20,000 acres is a good thing for the birds. Any land we can get set aside for wildlife is better than it going to corn. I hope the government puts something together and I would be more than happy to pay the fee.

Speaking of Game Wardens. Sunday we were ice fishing, having good luck. Lot of people on the ice, warm and pleasant on the lake. Guy pulls right up to me in a unmarked SUV, out jumps a Warden with his kid. Anyway I'm legal. CO notices a bunch of scattered, stunted perch laying around all over. Asked if they were mine. Some? I say. "These are valuable game fish he sez" There's more then a limit laying around you. :confused: I tell him everybody throws them on the ice here, and LOOK! see the eagles, they feed on these perch.
You know how ice fishermen are? here and there and everywhere jumping from hole to hole, especially with the Vexlars.

Anyway I remind him that Perch in this lake to NOT grow up NEVER seen a big Perch in 50 some years. About 4 inches is a trophy class.

Last edited:
Back