Why hunt?

quail hound

Here is a cool video made by Ca waterfowl association. These guys do a lot of upland nesting habitat work as well which benefits our pheasants. I've never shot a duck but I've witnessed flights like the ones showed in the video in the Nor Cal rice country and its quite a sight seeing flights of geese that last over 15mins. Hope you guys enjoy this vid.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LhcabnNjd1I&desktop_uri=/watch?v=LhcabnNjd1I

That's a nice video Quail Hound. They make some good points. Most of which we, here on this site, have been making years now (including yourself).

Getting the facts out to the public regarding who we are as hunters, is vital to our image. We hunters were once overwhelmingly and falsely portrayed to the general public as "blood thirsty killers". The general American media was no help in making that fallacy a widespread image, but, impart, thanks to the internet, we hunters have been able to express to the public who we truly are and what we stand for. The video you posted is a great example of that:)

Nick

That's a nice video Quail Hound. They make some good points. Most of which we, here on this site, have been making years now (including yourself).

Getting the facts out to the public regarding who we are as hunters, is vital to our image. We hunters were once overwhelmingly and falsely portrayed to the general public as "blood thirsty killers". The general American media was no help in making that fallacy a widespread image, but, impart, thanks to the internet, we hunters have been able to express to the public who we truly are and what we stand for. The video you posted is a great example of that:)

Nick

+1 Nick,

Well put.:)

Was putting together an article for submission and, as happens occasionally when the stars allign, the words fell together just right.

Being in the fields, the woods, the wilderness...

The smell, the crispness, the sound of the light winds moving brush and branches, the Sun high or sinking, even the texture of the soil beneath the boots can be transcendent. While one doesn't "float," it may be said that the mind, spirit, senses go to another place, where the simple fact of "being" is saturated with sensation and elevation, and are free.

Kismet that is very nice--full of truth and mellow in thought--WELL DONE :10sign::thumbsup:

Back