Who's going out this weekend?

So far 3 hunts in Iroquois County, and 3 limits. Not seeing great numbers, but enough to scratch out a limit before noon each day. Same story, where there is decent habitat there's a few birds. Looking forward to some colder weather.

I received your email Mike;). I know where those little buggers are hiding out:D

I can make some time next week if you'd like. It would have to be a morning hunt though. Would that work for next week?

It would be a night before decision.. my schedule is changing so fast these days. Need some cold weather

It would be a night before decision.. my schedule is changing so fast these days. Need some cold weather

That's about where I'm at too Mike.

I'll talk to you on Monday and we'll go from there.

Up to 55 pheaz. One spot I was expecting to see more birds but the landowner got mow happy. 160 acres of crp became about 80-100.... ill prevent that from happening again. We should've shot 20 birds off it but only 6. Frustrating.

Then had a big drainage ditch produce very nicely bc the landowner burned some this last spring. Beautiful cover!!! Took out a yote too!

Night vision scope on order. Can't be having that

I got out for a quick one. 3 hens and one rooster. I think I'm going to mount this one. 2-3 year old bird with a 25 inch tail.:)

I think he'll make a good mount.:)

Has anyone been out chasing pheasants in this snow yet?

Crash and burned on Sunday although didnt make it to the place we talked about - roads were really bad.

Friday am will be a game time decision - what time and place are you thinking?

I was toast on Sunday. Bronchitis and laryngitis:mad:. My mind was saying "go" but my body was saying "no". lol

Anyway, I should have enough of my voice back to command my dog in the field by Friday. Can't stay out too long but I think we can flush a few birds. Cattails should be froze over too.:thumbsup:

I'll talk to you tomorrow evening to see how our schedules are looking.:cheers:

Had one of our best hunts of the year this weekend.... 50+ birds seen in 1/2 mile of drainage ditch. Came up one short on a 5 man limit. Should've had it for sure.

Hopefully the snow this weekend holds them a little tighter.

Got out Sunday and had a good day. Birds everywhere we stopped and one bird short of a 3 man limit.

Also got my first Vermillion County cock on a place we had never hunted before.

We also had some pretty bad shooting....:eek: I missed two lay up cocks my dog put up for me. Must have been too easy or something. Both my partners missed easy shots too. We never ruffled a feather.

I guess more for next time.

If you guys can, take some photos and send them to me. I'll post them for you.:thumbsup:

I'm still planing on getting out on Sunday. -4 for a high. Going to be a nippy one.

I hit the controlled pheasant area Silver Springs today and going to Des Plaines COnservation area on Saturday. A far cry from wild birds but still nice to see the dogs work.

Back