Who is going dove hunting?

Well after i get home from the test, i am going to take my lawn chair out to the pine trees and proceed to blast um......:p

Dont forget your Hipp number!!!

Heading up to the cooler mountains to chase some grouse for the first time. Unless you are lucky enough to have private land to hunt on, I am tired of getting pelted with shot from yahoos dove hunting out on the SWA's. It doesn't matter where you go, there are a ton of people. I am retired from active duty Air Force, so I didn't move here by choice, however I remain so my kids can finish school and we have established a home, however I am from Garland Texas originally, born and raised. I grew up hunting doves down there and hunted mostly private. Now that is dove hunting!! Plus they are not the small, little bitty ones that are here.

So I am taking my 13yr old son and we are going up the the mts to try our luck on grouse. I don't want to expose him to a bunch of yahoos out in a SWA shooting all over the place like the it is the gunfight at the OK corral.

Greg

Headed out east to give it a try. I have never been dove hunting so I am sure it will be an experience. I think we are hunting private land at my friends brothers. If anything it will be a good weekend away with good friends and of course our dogs. Spent most weekends last fall hunting grouse where I used to live all around Steamboat. No luck at all, and i tried all different cover at all different elevations. Headed that way in a few weekends to try again with friends who live up there.

Back