Wheres everyone from?

So where in Iowa is everyone from and where do you hunt?

I live in Grimes, grew up in Storm Lake, hunt mostly from Storm Lake to Rockwell City area on family ground, around a friends place around Shenadoah, and deer hunt in Decatur County.

I currently live in Indianola, IA and hunt some public around here if I don't have time off from work. Originally from Britt, IA and hunt quite a bit around there on friends and family's ground plus some public. I really prefer the hunting up north, but it's a little to close to my parents since I just graduated college.

grew up in bancroft. have lived in mason city for 26 years. hunt public ground by forest city and around union slough in kossuth county

Does living near Davenport on the mississippi on the ILL. side count ??

grew up in bancroft. have lived in mason city for 26 years. hunt public ground by forest city and around union slough in kossuth county

You never grew up a$$ munch:D Yes I grew up with BC He moved away thank god and I'm playing farmer not a bad way to make a living. If anyone ever needs a hunting report around here or advice on where to go let me know:) Bird numbers are low but that changes from year to year.

Grew up in Remsen live in Ames live for pheasant hunting. Don't really care to deer hunt considering I took out the last deer in NW ia with my fiance's car. Run a short hair and choc lab willing to go with any one who will put me on some ground around central ia where there's some birds.

From Davenport, IA. Hunt public ground in Scott & Clinton county as well as private property, and hunt private property in Spink county, South Dakota every year.

born and raised in fort dodge.and still live here lol...i hunt around fort dodge and sometimes i will go north buy algona

So where in Iowa is everyone from and where do you hunt?

I live in Grimes, grew up in Storm Lake, hunt mostly from Storm Lake to Rockwell City area on family ground, around a friends place around Shenadoah, and deer hunt in Decatur County.

Me too -- live in Grimes and hunt that general area. Details here.

Sounds like the state is pretty well covered! We'll have to compare notes more often. For that matter finding someone that wants to go hunting some weekends, too many of my buddies get all whiny about numbers, heat, cold, etc, etc, etc.

Nate- if you're ever on an evening stroll in the southern subdivisions and come across a guy cussing an aged labrador that clearly doesn't give a damn anymore (the dog that is) you'll have to chat. Its likely me.

Sounds like the state is pretty well covered! We'll have to compare notes more often. For that matter finding someone that wants to go hunting some weekends, too many of my buddies get all whiny about numbers, heat, cold, etc, etc, etc.

Nate- if you're ever on an evening stroll in the southern subdivisions and come across a guy cussing an aged labrador that clearly doesn't give a damn anymore (the dog that is) you'll have to chat. Its likely me.
Sounds good. I'm NE of you, on the east side of 141.

I'm an avid runner, and make my way through your general area quite a bit. The guy with a vizsla on his left hip ... tongue liking hanging out ... sometimes Gunner's, sometimes mine. :)

Estherville, 15 miles east of the Iowa Great Lakes. We have plenty of public land...... just not many pheasants !

Hello Everyone,

I live outside of Iowa Falls, Iowa. We hunt our family farm, neighbors and any other place that we can access in the state. We typically travel 2 to 3 hours to hunt. I have been a bird hunter for 43 years.

I am working hard this year to enjoy time with my youngest son who is finishing college and will most likely gain employment outside of the state.

Live in Marshalltown. I've hunted mainly between Marshalltown and Ames on public and private land.

I'm from Mtown...

I live in Ankeny, hunt mostly wherever (all public land) and WHENever I have time. 15 month old son has put the damper on some hunting opportunities thus far, but well worth the time spent with 'lil man.

Haven't been out, but one time with a buddy from Mtown. Saw 0 birds, but heard plenty of shooting out by Laurel.

Back