Where to hunt?

WI ditch chicken

Ive only been to Wyoming once but would love to get back! Pheasant hunting would be fun but I wouldnt have the fuzziest idea as to where to go. Any help?

Thanks
Scott

Ive only been to Wyoming once but would love to get back! Pheasant hunting would be fun but I wouldnt have the fuzziest idea as to where to go. Any help?

Thanks
Scott

Scott,

Goshen county, around Torrington or Big horn basin, around Worland or Powell. Riverton or Lander Areas and Sheridan or Buffalo areas. But Goshen county is probably the best bet. Hope this helps, there is walk in areas, however, I dont know this years areas, consult Wyoming game and fish dept. for a list of these areas, they change from year to year. good luck if you go.:)

are you going to WY for another reason and just trying to fit in a bird hunt? There's certainly better places to go for wild birds. I have friends in Riverton that I need to get out and see and take in a mulie and pronghorn hunt at the same time.

Wild birds in the places I hunt in Wyoming are tremendous. Plenty of them to keep you occupied, and big and smart. You want to challenge yourself and your dog? Try 2 to 3 yr old December roosters in good Wyoming habitat. I'm not talkin limits very often, but what a hoot!!

Precisely what i have Federal Prairie Storms in mind for.:D

Sounds good I may have to put Wyoming on my short list of Pheasant hunting destinations for next year.

Back