where to buy chukars

arieldg

hi every one, i live in longmont, does anyone know where i can purchase some pigeons/quails/chukars? down here in northern part...

thank you in advance
ariel

Give Steve Secor at Field Trial Game Birds (970) 568-3326 or (970) 219 7223 he's in Wellington by Cobb lake SWA

Otherwise any release and shoot operation will usually sell them to you, I'm in Denver and end up at Valhalla Kennels most weekends:cheers:

Last edited:
I would like to second Steve Secor. I bought six from him earlier this year ($9 I believe is how much I paid). They were nice birds. I actually went out Saturday for some training and planted them and flushed (on private property:p), for my 16month old pointing lab.

He had two beautiful points!!

If I could post pics I would share them with y'all, however no such luck.....

Good luck training and hunting,

Greg

I will "third" Steve Secor - he is a great guy. Always pleasant to deal with and always happy to see you. Steve has pheasants, Chukar and ducks. I asked him about quail one time ... basically Steve said that quail were just looking for an excuse to die. :laugh: They are tough to raise around here - the yield is low so there isn't any profit in it for the local producers.

I would like to second Steve Secor. I bought six from him earlier this year ($9 I believe is how much I paid). They were nice birds. I actually went out Saturday for some training and planted them and flushed (on private property:p), for my 16month old pointing lab.

He had two beautiful points!!

If I could post pics I would share them with y'all, however no such luck.....

Good luck training and hunting,

Greg

Well thanks guys for the info. definitely i will call steve,

I found a person who has quails, if anyone interested
person name Dan "dont quote me on the name I AM BAD WITH NAME'S" lol
location colorado springs 719-646-1969

Back