What part of state?

jackrabbit

Guys, my dad is going to come up from Iowa this weekend to hunt public land in western Minnesota with me on Saturday and Sunday. We have 2 SD trips planned later this you and don't want to buy a 2nd SD license, so sticking with MN. As a new guy to MN, what general area would you recommend getting a hotel room in to base our hunt out of for the weekend?

He is going to drive up to the south metro where we will hop into my pick-up to head west. All of these areas look like they have an abundance of public land within a 45 minute drive of each and I'm guessing also have available hotel rooms and restaurants. Would you recommend us basing our hunt out of: Marshall? Worthington? Montevideo? Other?

Again, not looking for exact names of public land, just a very very general area to start our search out of. We will have 3 dogs with us (1 is very good and in 3rd season, 1 is in it's first year so still learning, 1 is aging but still decent).

Thanks in advance! I'm new to Minnesota and don't have a ton of knowledge about the state yet.

Back