What gun is the best all around gun

Tim, I traded in my 12 and 10 gauges a long time ago and the only gun I have ever shot is the 3.5" Benelli SBE. Liked it so much I traded in my heavy BAR 7MM for the nice light Benelli R-1 30-06 rifle. That's all a guy needs to shoot a whole lot of critters.

Diddo
for one you want for both, and in advantage timber, hard to beat. Just dont get a blue one they rust terrible.

I was wondering what gun you all thought was the best gun to use on the upland side and the water side of bird hunting

I have 2 safes full and the most used is a Model 12 1936 circa 26 imp
next is Browning Citori 12 26 multi choke tubes then the old sweet 16 and last but not least Ruger Red Label 20 ga 26 multi screw in chokes.
I like old classics. They worked great in there day and now:thumbsup:

I just bought a Renato Gamba Principessa in 28ga.
Probably not a great pheasant gun, although I'm going to give it a try, but it's going to be my new quail gun.

Ole faithful

If the weather is questionable or I am going to be in the position that my gun amy get swamped I rely on my Remington 870 Express. I use the 12 and my daughter uses the 20. They have never failed us yet.

Last edited:
My first gun was a Winchester model 1300 ranger then i traded it for a Benelli nova. Now i have the Benelli Vinci and i love it.:10sign:

best gun

One that fits you & you hit shots with it that you don't think about.
There's the bird - gun up - bird down!

Back